Votes: 35 63.6%
  • he's a LOSER

Votes: 20 36.4%

• Total voters

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Good one for the thousandth post this. I love Ryder, he is an absolute legend and the Mondays were one of my favourite bands of all times.

It was sad to see that documentary on his fall from grace a few years ago (fat, bloated living in two up two down terrace) but at least Damon Albarn recognises talent when he sees it!

The winner though is one Mr Shaun Ryder who threatens another Lazarus style comeback with his best contribution to a record for well over a decade. It’s his Manc whine that steals the show and makes both the original of Dare and the DFA remix so enthralling, he might have his debts paid off in ten years if he keeps this sort of performance up…oh and lets not forget his column in The Sport!

- plus that video is BRILLIANT! :clap2:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I would call him more of an Enigma. Some things he does shows how talented the bloke is but the majority of the things he does makes me think what a tosser.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He's just an ordinary bloke who took too many drugs when he was younger. I met him last year when he played at the Arc and he was pretty sound, took time out for a chat and that.

He's friggin' tiny though.

Last edited:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Thumbs up here.Albarn said they had to keep waking him up during shooting for the DARE vid and that when he's met him subsequently has had to remind him that he knows him and they've worked together.:lolol:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
TOTAL LEGEND,

The Mondays are still one of my greatest ever bands, Ryders lyrics are amazing if you check them out.

They also blew Clapham Common away in August to 20,000 with a performance 10 times better than the previous years gig there, Ryder is getting it back.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
LEGEND!

24 Hour Party People
Step On
Dare
Wrote For Luck
Mad Cyril
Reverend Black Grape
Kinky Afro
Lazyitis
Hallelujah
Loose Fit

That's some CV

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Albion Dan said:
TOTAL LEGEND,

The Mondays are still one of my greatest ever bands, Ryders lyrics are amazing if you check them out.

Did I read somewhere that a lot of his lyrics came from reading some literary works as the dictionary and the encyclopedia.

Still class though.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I interviewed Mr Ryder about three months ago and it took him about half an hour to get each sentence out. Was truly mind-blowing. Lovely bloke, but sooo slow. He turned up for the interview in his local pub off his face, except he was actually stone cold sober. Was just the effect of a lifetime spent on class As.

photo00964bw.jpg

photo00999mj.jpg

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If he hadn't got stoned every day and every night he wouldn't have come out with such good music, but the guy's an absolute wreck.

I saw the Mondays recently and Ryder couldn't move from his position on stage just in front of the drummer. Paradoxically Bez, whose probably done as much vice as Ryder, seems more aware of what's going on around him. Bloody good gig though...

Stumpy Tim

eastlondonseagull said:
I interviewed Mr Ryder about three months ago and it took him about half an hour to get each sentence out. Was truly mind-blowing. Lovely bloke, but sooo slow. He turned up for the interview in his local pub off his face, except he was actually stone cold sober. Was just the effect of a lifetime spent on class As.

Now I am jealous. He was a hero. You lucky :angry:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
normal manc geezer, yes! legend, yes!
24 hr party people still rocks me. and always brings back memories. still prefer the roses.
at least ryder can start making money again now. i hope to see him more in the limelight again. :clap:

Last edited:

Jul 20, 2003
a legendary loser

burned the candle at both ends with a blow tourch in the middle for good measure

last time I saw him, in terms of pallor, he made George Best look like a radiant beauty

That said if I had the choice of having Kinky Afro or the entire combined output of Coldplay, Travis, The Killers, Kaiser Chiefs, Keane et al I'd take the 3 or 4 minutes of prime Ryder

rock stars aren't supposed to make it past 27 are they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here