Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shame Ashley Barnes isn't good enough for us...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It'll be sad to see us let him go for free because he's a bit rubbish (if you ignore the stats...)

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
I think this is a sarcastic reference to Mr burns' thread a few week back, could be wrong.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
He's going to Naaaaaarwich, haven't you heard?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Never mind. Just going back to the STUPID "Ashley Barnes isn't good enough for us" thread.

Perhaps the irony is a bit too subtle.

D

Deleted member 2719

Never mind. Just going back to the STUPID "Ashley Barnes isn't good enough for us" thread.

Perhaps the irony is a bit too subtle.

I got it and i haven't spent much time on here for ages.

It's obvious to most he is raw but knows if you don't shoot you don't score.

Keep the lad even if he doesn't always start he will improve just like el- Abd he has the right mentality.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It wasn't irony though was it. It was sarcasm.

Irony | Define Irony at Dictionary.com

"—Synonyms
1, 2. Irony, sarcasm, satire indicate mockery of something or someone. The essential feature of irony is the indirect presentation of a contradiction between an action or expression and the context in which it occurs. In the figure of speech, emphasis is placed on the opposition between the literal and intended meaning of a statement; one thing is said and its opposite implied, as in the comment, “Beautiful weather, isn't it?” made when it is raining or nasty.
"

Would suggest either is appropriate.

It'll be sad to see us let him go for free because he's a bit rubbish (if you ignore the stats...)

Nice one. I refused to get involved with Mr Burns thread as it was too ridiculous. Stats is all part of a strikers cv. Nothing really matters
except how many goals are scored...period. Barnes is doing fine, he might have even put us in for a massive pay day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here