Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shakedown Festival - Sat 24th

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Looks like a good line up. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing Ed Sheeran.

Is anyone else going?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I had tickets for the original date in July. Has it been re-arranged AGAIN/ I thought it was on this weekend or next? Oh and yes, Ed Sheeran really is the big thing at the mo, was interviewed on Radio 1 yesterday and came across as a top fella.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If you are going on the 24th you are going to be very lonely considering its on the 17th. Know people that are going but think the lineup looks terrible and am going to Leicester instead.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also cant be good news they are still selling early bird tickets for the attendance numbers.

When it was originally postponed only around 2000 tickets had been sold. I have a bad feeling about this festival. It's a shame as Brighton could do with a high profile fezzie.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There hasnt been anything since the Essential Festival, which was excellent.

Agree..It's a shame the organisers were not excellent as well. They broke a number of covenants in their license/contracts and the council had no option but to refuse them future licenses.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I knew it. I have just heard the organisers have down sized the festival by 50%. Capacity is now 10k as opposed to 20.

D

Deleted member 18477

shit line up. some good acts yes - example, ed sheeran.

but some proper stinkers! theres nowhere near enough good artists to attract 20K. they needed at least 5 or 6 good acts.

anyone that went to creamfields, glasto, v festival etc will think the organisers are having a laugh!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Been deciding to go since getting back from Reading. Can't decide.

Missed Ed Sheeran, and 2ManyDJs were incredible. Quite like Example as well.

It's scheduled to rain all day Saturday, which may unfortunately be the deciding factor...

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Don't know how often 2ManyDJs mix up their set either. Would be slightly disappointed if it was the same set as Reading.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Been deciding to go since getting back from Reading. Can't decide.

Missed Ed Sheeran, and 2ManyDJs were incredible. Quite like Example as well.

It's scheduled to rain all day Saturday, which may unfortunately be the deciding factor...

I have had some of my best days raving in a poncho and wellies.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't know how often 2ManyDJs mix up their set either. Would be slightly disappointed if it was the same set as Reading.

I have seen them a month apart and set was noticeably different. They certainly had their songs of the moment but otherwise it was not the same.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also, just a little message here for DJ Mehdi who sadly passed away yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here