Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SEVERE WEATHER WARNING.......(Brighton-Doncaster travellers)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
For those travelling by train, it might be worth keeping a VERY close eye on overnight developments.

Pasted from the BBC site (Weather)

Friday 24 November EARLY WARNING A vigourous depression will bring severe gales to southern and eastern parts of England late on Friday night and into Saturday. Damaging gusts to 70mph may bring disruption Further updates will appear here.

I'm thinking of trees on the line, branches etc.....

Car drivers would be advised to keep a close eye too.

To make things even more interesting...the news on BBC 1 said that Eastern and NORTHERN counties would be most affected.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
"Severe Gales
Expected from 00:00 Sat 25 Nov to 23:59 Sat 25 Nov

The risk of disruption in E Riding Of Yorkshire, Kingston Upon Hull, Lincolnshire, Ne Lincolnshire, N Lincolnshire, N Yorkshire, S Yorkshire, W Yorkshire & York is 60%"

And as above but for Brighton is 40%

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
eastlondonseagull said:
Driving up tonight, will keep the fingers crossed

Understandable but risky. How are you going to change gears and steer?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
eastlondonseagull said:
Driving up tonight, will keep the fingers crossed

Just keep your fingers on the steering wheel. See you there,pal.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Does this mean we are all going to look like we are in one of those G force simulators with our cheeks flapping around our ears? I do hope so.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
tedebear said:
Thank you for using my favourite Australianism of the lot, apart possibly from the fine old expression "it was on for young and old". The Clive James "Dunny Man" story in Unreliable Memoirs is pure magic, trumped (literally) only by his tale about farting in class. That is all.

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
oh its only a bit of wind, we're going to see the seagulls win:lolol: :shootself :shootself

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Man of Harveys said:
Thank you for using my favourite Australianism of the lot, apart possibly from the fine old expression "it was on for young and old". The Clive James "Dunny Man" story in Unreliable Memoirs is pure magic, trumped (literally) only by his tale about farting in class. That is all.

We used to stay at Grandmas for loads when we were growing up and she only had and ouside dunny! and it is funny now but it wasn't then....

Bloody horrible thing, full of spiders and creepy noises and once a snake was curled up on the floor and Trixie (Grandmas dog an Australian Silky) tried to bite it and it bit her and we were all in tears standing on the garden table, till Poppy put on his waders and took a garden rake to it! Can't remember what it was but it was deadly, and it wasn't the last snake we saw there either...Trixie was very very sick for ages...I remember Grandma making her chicken soup everyday!! :lol:

right - sorry waffled on there...

Anyhow - moral of story is don't use outside dunny when storms and high winds are approaching as all manner of things take refuge in there!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here