Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Settle for another "not good enough" point next week?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Or isn't that enough given our position?:jester:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You haven't been paying attention to NSC recently obviously. Single points are rubbish and the manager should be sacked is the gist of it I believe.

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I agree with you Icy, I would take a point now.
But I am worried that we are 6 points lower than this time last year.

Last edited:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Ill be content with points for now, but we HAVE to start winning or we'll find ourselves with too much work to do towards the end of the season.

2 wins before the new year will keep me happy for a while.

Good point today though, away points are often hard to come by...but we have to start winning at home, which we clearly arent doing.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Oh yes, sorry.

MCGOO OUT! BURN HIM!

Is that better?

:thumbsup:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
A point away to Reading would be a FANTASTIC result. They're in awesome form at the moment - they've only dropped 13 points all season!

Wins against Hull and Millwall will leave us in a healthier looking position.

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
just got back and a point today was a good point, considering where watford are in the table.

however, there have been too many occasions this season where we have taken a point when all three were there for the taking.

drawing game after game isnt going to keep us up if we cant win games. not sure what needs to change, whether it is more luck or what. what ever it is we need to start winning and soon. the xmas period will be vital.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
1 point next week will be OK based on the premise we take 1 point from QPR and win against Hull and Millwall and nick another point in the away fixture at Luton.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Icy Gull said:
Or isn't that enough given our position?:jester:
A point away at the team 3rd in the league is fine. But constantly throwing away leads home and away against average teams is worrying, wether you like it or not.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Settle for another "not good enough" point next week?

Silent Bob said:
A point away at the team 3rd in the league is fine. But constantly throwing away leads home and away against average teams is worrying, wether you like it or not.

True but as long as we stay within 2 points of safety until January when McGhee can sort out a target man, It's ok. This team is good enough to stay up with just a couple of decent additions imo. I believe McGhee will pull it off

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I have said before we are two/three players, goal scorer, central midfielder who can tackle unlike Hammond and a defender away from being a saisfactory Championship side but three players, a goalscorer and left footed defender and Blaney away from being relegation certainties. The line is very fine between the two.

johnnyjetlag

Jul 26, 2004
woodster said:
just got back and a point today was a good point, considering where watford are in the table.

however, there have been too many occasions this season where we have taken a point when all three were there for the taking.

drawing game after game isnt going to keep us up if we cant win games. not sure what needs to change, whether it is more luck or what. what ever it is we need to start winning and soon. the xmas period will be vital.

Here's McGhee on the BBC:
"I think we've been playing well but the 13 draws we've had now don't help. Eight or nine of them we could and should have won.

"I'm getting everything from those I have but we're a couple of lads short.

"We need a player to turn the 13 draws into six wins and then we would be in the top half."

???

Icy Gull said:
You haven't been paying attention to NSC recently obviously. Single points are rubbish and the manager should be sacked is the gist of it I believe.

It's only 3 wins in fifty million games :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :censored: :angry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good point today

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
M/M is right,we need a Jimmy Case style player,now and i dont care where from,but finding one is a different matter.:ohmy:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fosters headband said:
I agree with you Icy, I would take a point now.
But I am worried that we are 6 points lower than this time last year.

Then we had a disastrous run in Feb when we lost a load of games.

Equivalent fixtures up to date (we're only 1 point out)

Derby away - last year loss – draw +1
Reading home - loss - loss
Crewe home loss - draw +1
Hull away (Gillingham) win – loss -3
Preston away loss -draw +1
Plymouth home loss – win +3
Sheff Utd home draw - loss -1
Coventry at home draw - draw
Burnley away draw - draw
Leicester away win- draw -2
Norwich (Wigan) loss-loss
Cardiff draw-loss -1
Palace away(West Ham) win-win
Ipswich home draw – draw
Sheff Wed away (Forest) win- draw -2
Wolves home loss- draw +1
Stoke away loss- loss
Palace home (West Ham) draw – loss gggrrr -1
Cardiff away loss- draw +1
Derby home loss – draw +1
Watford away draw - draw

Stumpy Tim

The games after Reading are going to be crucial. We have alot of games we could win & shoud win some of them. If we don't we're in far more trouble than it looks like currently. Home games against QPR, Hull & Millwall are games we should look to win. We should look for 7 points from those games. Away to Luton is also winnable - they're beginning to slip after their good start

Today's was a great point though. Anything from Reading would be a bonus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here