Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seth Johnson released by leeds

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Can't say I know much about him but what do you think?.

Prospect?
Too expensive/Out of our league?
Don't want him/wouldn't suit us?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Out of our league by a long way!

Didn't he cost them 6 million pounds back in the days where the transfer market was bomming?

Their only selling him because they argreed a stupidly big contact which gave Derby extra money after so many games. Shame really because he wasn't a bad player but you can't blame him for milking the contact and not moving on sooner.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Can't see him getting 20% of the salary he was on at Leeds, but he will still have ideas way above our wage level.

I'd imagine he's got a few other rungs of the ladder to fall down before he gets to us :)

rool

Jul 10, 2003
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Is this a joke? He's a little expensive for our tastes isn't he?

Like I said I didn't know hence the questions, please excuse my ignorance

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
munster monch said:
Like I said I didn't know hence the questions, please excuse my ignorance

Sorry mate, didn't mean to come across as condescending. :)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
bet Hull take him. Taylor loved him i remember, think he picked him on his 1 game in charge for England.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Leeds midfielder Seth Johnson is to leave the club after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent.

Johnson, who had another 11 months to run on his contract, joined Leeds from Derby in October 2001 in a £7.75m move.

Leeds were keen to offload Johnson as they would have had to have paid Derby another £250,000 if he had played another game.

The 26-year-old, who has been capped once by England, will now be able to join another club on a free transfer.

In April Leeds chairman Ken Bates had said Johnson's best chance of playing for the club would be in the reserves.

Johnson's wages were costing Leeds £35,000 a week.

The midfielder, who injured his knee ligaments in April 2004, played 59 times for Leeds and scored four goals while he was at Elland Road.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/4745531.stm

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would be a great player, you never know not played much in the last couple of seasons might be willing to sign short term get himself back in the shop window. Can always dream

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here