Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Set Pieces

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
The last one that Mayo took was the best of the bunch, shame it took till the 87th min and being 3-0 down before someone delivered a decent ball from a corner.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There doesn't appear to be any routine at set pieces other than all trot into the box, ball hit hopelessly into box, run like f*** to get back before opposition score.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Everything above is just so true, and why cant cox lift the ball off the ground ? hes supposed to be a pro footballer FFS !! and as for corners, its just a waste of time, i really would like to know what they do on the training ground ? practise running in reverse i think !!! i very rarely am negative about B&HA, but today was just a total joke, if only the players showed some passion and a bit of dedication, lets be honest Blackpool were not a good side, we just made them look good, the defending errors were something seen at a park on a sunday morning, and the attackers just havnt a clue where the goal is !!! and of all days to play like a bunch of :tosser: when we are on SKY TELLY !!!!! at one time i thought christmas had come early !!! i thought i was watching a f***ing PANTOMIME !!!! :lolol:

Oh well...........tomorrows another day.....as they say

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Can't believe that Cox kept on taking the corners as he consistently failed to take a decent one. He had a poor game all together today.

Only decent corners I've seen this season have been taken by
Sam Rents.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Our set pieces are about as useful as a condom crossed with a polo mint

polocondoms.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mayo is bloody piss poor at corners

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
The only time i can remember us scoring from a set peice this season (or last) was against Millwall this year and that was an oggy by the FIRST man!

Decent set piece by Cox that got us 3pts at Millwall. Think Evatt though looks a Danny Cullip type who marshals his defence well against them.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Set pieces have generally been bad for the last two years, about time we had a coach who was good at them himself so could teach the players how to take them

Oh

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
London Irish said:
Decent set piece by Cox that got us 3pts at Millwall.
It was nowhere near any of OUR players though...luckily, Millwall are shit.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
ali_jenkins123 said:
The only time i can remember us scoring from a set peice this season (or last) was against Millwall this year and that was an oggy by the FIRST man!

The first goal against Orient was from a corner.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not quite sure why Cox was on one of the posts for a Blackpool free-kick on the edge of the box in the first half on Sunday - unless he can jump about fifty times his own height, like a flea.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Tom Hark said:
Not quite sure why Cox was on one of the posts for a Blackpool free-kick on the edge of the box in the first half on Sunday - unless he can jump about fifty times his own height, like a flea.

I must admit I am worried about Cox taking corners, one gust of wind and the corner flag could have his eye out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here