Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seriously,if we lose to Preston..........

skintboy

Jul 12, 2003
Eastborne
Seriously,if we lose on saturday then the pressure will start to build on team,and no doubt more will be on nsc slating Mcghee and Dick Knight,1 point from 5 games would start leaving us with a mountain to climb and I am not sure if some of the Withdean faithful will continue to support Dick Knight.What do you all think?

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
The pressure has been on the team ever since we won in Cardiff.

We have to put up with what we have got.

It will be tough but a defeat Saturday is not the end for us this season. Its too early to decide anything.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
and just who would come in and replace mcghee?

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
If we get to 4 points from 15 games....then I will begin to be slighted worried....but only a little bit. If we go into the last game of the season needing a result to stay up i'll be well pleased!

Max's Dad

Jan 2, 2004
Eastbourne
McGhee will keep his job even if we're relegated.

Everyone knows the size of the task this season ... we're not really in the same league off the pitch as the other sides and fourth bottom will be a big ask.

We've chopped and changed managers too much in the last 10 years and I reckon Knight will keep faith with McGhee.

It used to be quite good fun, speculating about new managers coming in, but I've had enough for a couple of years. He's not ideal, but he seems competent enough and in our present circumstances we won't get anyone better.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
timseagull said:
If we get to 4 points from 15 games....then I will begin to be slighted worried....but only a little bit. If we go into the last game of the season needing a result to stay up i'll be well pleased!

Exactly, same again please McGhee. :thumbsup:

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
What manager will come to us that could do a job with no money and has the contacts to get us good loan signings?

Remembering Knight won't poach a manager!

Least MM put his hands up as well after shrewsbury!

Keep the faith, october the 31st is coming

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Actually I have it on good authority that Dick Knight only keeps Mark McGhee to antagonise Ernie.

Black Country Seagull said:
What manager will come to us that could do a job with no money and has the contacts to get us good loan signings?

Claridge could do a job for us. And we get a proven striker for free.

:thumbsup:

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
I really can't understand all the depression. We have had worse results, and more importantly worse performances before and been alright. We have not been out played by anyone this seson (didn't see the Reading, game but from reading reports). Get behind the team, they have shown they can play good football, and if we can stop making the few errors that are conceding goals we will start to pick up points, starting at Preston:)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lokki 7 said:
Claridge could do a job for us. And we get a proven striker for free.

:thumbsup:

No he's with the Pikeys now.

Last edited:

I really don't understand why people persecute themselves so much. Supporting a football team is supposed to be fun - you are supposed to enjoy yourself. I was gutted by the defeat on Tuesday and then forgot about it come Wednesday morning. I will look forward to Saturday and, if we lose, will look forward to Monday. We have been in far, far worse situations than losing a couple of games to teams we should have beaten.

It's very sad that people get so worked up about things over which they have little or no control. Support your team, the management and the board. If things go really pear shaped, then start jumping up and down. But being near the bottom of the league is not pear shaped - the bookies are rarely wrong and reckon that's where we will finish according to them. Too many people believed the "mid table" hype when we actually paid money for a couple of players. This season was never going to be anything other than a battle for 4th from bottom. Other teams spent money - and lots more of it than us in most cases.

I don't agree with McGhees recent team selections but I can't change it. I will debate it but not get so wound up about it that it consumes my every waking thoughts. Chill out people! :smokin:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
If we can get a result out of Preston on Saturday, i will be happy. I can't see us getting 3 points there it will be a tough ask, but you never know stranger things have happened in football. Lets get behind the team and lets make as much noise as we can against Preston.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here