Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serial Falmer moaner Hawkins, lashes back...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
For those of you that don't buy the argus or read the website...

http://www.theargus.co.uk/the_argus/news_extra/LETTERS6.html

Letter: Democracy rules
I was surprised at the tone of Jason Goodchild's diatribe (Letters June 23). My espousal, as he calls it, of Toads Hole valley, is no more pitiful than his and others' determination to plant a blot on the landscape at Falmer.

He may be right about Falmer not being within the South Downs National Park, in which case the need for haste is purely financial.

This should not be allowed to interfere with the due process of law, however ponderous.

Falmer may well have had much of its "natural beauty" swallowed up by the construction of the universities and bypass but surely it now deserves to be left to regain a measure of its rural peace.

If the proposed site is really only "a useless field polluted by constant traffic", surely it is not suitable for a grand sports stadium. Sporting activities and pollution do not make good bedfellows.

The costs incurred in decontaminating the atmosphere will add enormously to the running of the stadium and, with the additional football traffic, the problem will surely only increase as time passes.

Even if most supporters can be persuaded to travel by train, many will still use coaches, buses or private cars and there will still be the away fans to cater for. But transport problems will be enormous, wherever this project is sited.

Mr Goodchild's contention that public transport in the Toads Hole area is almost non-existent is not beyond a solution.

We have in Brighton one of the most enlightened public transport entrepreneurs in the shape of Roger French who, I am sure, would use his expertise and resources to alleviate the situation.

I will never get the point about the Albion playing at Falmer, even if it eventually happens.

It is simply the wrong place ñ and more strength to Lewes District Council in its attempts to halt the juggernaut the Falmer project has become.

-JM Hawkins, Shoreham

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
What the hell is he talking about?
"The costs incurred in decontaminating the atmosphere will add enormously to the running of the stadium"
???
What a nut-job.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
where does this clown live ? he's certainly not typical of a good Shoreham resident !

will Lord B will have something to say about Roger French . . .wasn't he in 'on the buses' :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Rangdo said:
What the hell is he talking about?
"The costs incurred in decontaminating the atmosphere will add enormously to the running of the stadium"
???
What a nut-job.

I think he/she/it was trying to be cunning and witty, in response to Jason's letter saying it was 'polluted' by traffic fumes etc.

A nut-job indeed!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Due process of law IS being followed. After two very expensive public inquiries, involving all relevant aspects of planning, transport, environmental considerations, the law says... Falmer.

It's pretty tragic that Lewes District Council are so unbelievably careless and wanton with both public money and with their lies and deception (and they are individually and collectively LIARS), making up their own laws and passing them off as fact to suit their disgraceful agenda, that people who have no idea what they're talking about become so taken in by such stupidity.

Isn't it strange that he considers the stadium a 'blot on the Falmer landscape', but doesn't give a shit if it 'blots' Toad's Hole Valley?

Falmer is NOT a place of rural peace. Like the stadium site itself, it is a noisy place polluted by constant traffic, a set of affairs mainly contributed to by the villagers themselves. Peaceful is one word I would never use to describe the two halves of Falmer village.

Plus the problems of the buses for Toads Hole Valley will be exactly the same as the problems of the buses for Sheepcote Valley - there won't be enough. Roger French is indeed a progressive forward thinking person who has done the city a fair amount of good, but even he is going to struggle to come up with a whole fleet of buses which simply doesn't exist.

Aside from that, Hawkins is f***ing nutter.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Is that the reply you sent to the Arsegas, TLO? It should be, especially the last bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here