Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sepp Blatter - a tragedy

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
What about the Harry hill way of doing things...Who should be the winner? There's only one way to found out FIGHT!!!!!

Or if you wanted to be sensible, why not look at the disciplinary record of the teams in the match and the team with the least cards in that game wins. If cards are the same it goes back to the previous game. If still the same, then er, just go to pens - its great entertainment.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
after the England "goal" was disallowed, Blatter continued to be adamant in his opposition to goal line technology.

Far from repeating the "everyone hates us we're English" mantra my suggestion was that Blatter will always respond to any events to gain a percieved advantage for German football over everyone - predictable and tragic for the authority of world football's leadership.
Isnt he swiss ?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Have the penalty shoot out at the end of 90 mins. That would mean 1 team defending like f..k with everybody behind the ball and the other going all out attack and extend extra time to 20 mins each way which is virtually another half of the original game..

Which is of course, far too sensible.
Or do it on time spent in the others half to decide, most shots on goal to decide, anything from the stats that may be used and all available. Maybe a 'point' for hitting the post/crossbar... there are other alternatives to take away pens. However the pens before the extra time starts makes sense to me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I reckon play on after 90 minutes but every five minutes the manager has to take a player off. Less and less players on the pitch would certainly lead to a goal pretty soonish.

But would you take off defenders or attackers?

Would be very entertaining!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Switzerland is the Axis of Evil. You can be German Swiss, Italian Swiss or French and probably a few Austrian just to make sure. :ohmy:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why not arrange another game, a coupe of days later and call it a REPLAY, then see if someone gets the upper hand. Perhaps at the time of the REPLAY toss a coin pre-match, and then keep the result [of the coin toss] secret till the end of extra time, if it's still a draw, then the coin toss has it.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I reckon play on after 90 minutes but every five minutes the manager has to take a player off. Less and less players on the pitch would certainly lead to a goal pretty soonish.

But would you take off defenders or attackers?

Would be very entertaining!

This is actually a good idea...

however can;t see pens going... I like the excitement of pens... what an anti climax to a game if it is decided on cards or number of shots.

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
As a kid, my team won a 3rd place playoff in a 6 a side tournament on corners won.

Personally I quite like penalties everyone knows where they stand with them. But corners would encourage attacking football instead of the negative play for penno's attitude.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] nailed it earlier, and its an idea I've heard before.

You have the penalty shootout at the end of 90 minutes. The losing team then goes into ET knowing they HAVE to score in order to wipe out the penalty shootout result and win the game.

Imagine winning the shootout and going into ET knowing you just need to hold out as the other team takes to the field to BATTER you for 30 minutes, risking the chance of a goal on the break which would kill them dead (as they'd obviously then need 2 goals).

Its flawless. You're still retaining the drama of the penalty shootout, and having the extra time with a twist. No gimmicks, no boring stats deciding things, no ridiculous footballing circus of removing players. All you're doing is bumping the pens from after 120 to after 90 to give a whole new way of deciding it fairly.

I want it. I want it NOW.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
How about on the cummulative size of the players manhoods. This way an African side would finally win a world and keep up Pele's prediction. And for women we can go for the cummulative cup sizes, would mean most Asian team wouldn't win though but would normally mean Sweden winning everything

[MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] nailed it earlier, and its an idea I've heard before.

You have the penalty shootout at the end of 90 minutes. The losing team then goes into ET knowing they HAVE to score in order to wipe out the penalty shootout result and win the game.

Imagine winning the shootout and going into ET knowing you just need to hold out as the other team takes to the field to BATTER you for 30 minutes, risking the chance of a goal on the break which would kill them dead (as they'd obviously then need 2 goals).

Its flawless. You're still retaining the drama of the penalty shootout, and having the extra time with a twist. No gimmicks, no boring stats deciding things, no ridiculous footballing circus of removing players. All you're doing is bumping the pens from after 120 to after 90 to give a whole new way of deciding it fairly.

I want it. I want it NOW.

This would be pure brilliance.

Flair

Flairniac
Sep 1, 2010
A while back i read a brilliant idea on here which said instead of extra time it should be who scores first, going down to 9vs9 for 10 minutes then 7vs7 for 10 minutes then 5vs5 until a goal is scored.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Its flawless.
I'm not entirely convinced. One of the beauties of the penalty shoot out after 120 mins is that a PLUCKY minnow can hold out for 120 mins and nick a tie in the shootout. If the shootout is played before the final 30 mins with the minnow losing it, then their only available game plan of not conceding a goal will be entirely useless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here