Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sent off for tackling pitch invader

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Just seen on Sky Sports News, a man ran on the pitch in a Borac mankini, a player tackled him for the stewards to grab and the ref sent the player off for an aggressive tackle.
What the f***.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Thanks BOF

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Thats rediculous!!!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm a big fan of pitch invaders, but don't agree that the chap should have been sent off.

At least we know what to do if we are in danger of slipping out of the promotion spots. Run on and goad an opponent. Anyone willing to take one for the team?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:lolol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well within the LOTG, if you dangerously tackled your own team mate etcetc, you can get sent off too.

Infact I know of someone sent off, for calling a spectator a "f***ing p*ki"...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Personally I think there are defined areas. Players aren't allowed to leave the pitch to go into the stands, and fans aren't allowed onto the pitch. With incidents such as that in the fa cup match recently, and I think if a fan enters the pitch players should be allowed to take any action, within reason, to deal with them. There is no way of knowing their intent when they enter the area they are not allowed in, and so any fan entering the pitch would be taking that risk.

Having said that, the law for violent conduct does apply in this situation

Violent conduct

A player is guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality
against an opponent when not challenging for the ball.

He is also guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality against
a team-mate, spectator, match official or any other person.

Violent conduct may occur either on the field of play or outside its boundaries,
whether the ball is in play or not.

Advantage should not be applied in situations involving violent conduct unless
there is a clear subsequent opportunity to score a goal. The referee must send
off the player guilty of violent conduct when the ball is next out of play.

Referees are reminded that violent conduct often leads to mass confrontation,
therefore they must try to avert this with active intervention.

A player, substitute or substituted player who is guilty of violent conduct must
be sent off.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
This is why referees have such a hard time. Because of complete twats like that. Its idiots like this bloke, that turns people against refs.

The league should look at this, and sack him on the spot.

What done me, was the way he was bouncing around, almost excited that he got to do something out of the ordinary. A complete and utter moron, that has no place in the game.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Personally I think there are defined areas. Players aren't allowed to leave the pitch to go into the stands, and fans aren't allowed onto the pitch. With incidents such as that in the fa cup match recently, and I think if a fan enters the pitch players should be allowed to take any action, within reason, to deal with them. There is no way of knowing their intent when they enter the area they are not allowed in, and so any fan entering the pitch would be taking that risk.

Having said that, the law for violent conduct does apply in this situation
Violent conduct?? He rugby tackled him. THe twat obviosuly wasn't going to stand still if caught, the player caught him, the twat tried to run, and they went over!! Hardly violent conduct was it? If he gave him a slap or kick then maybe, but grabbing hold of him, and pulling him to the floor when he tried to get away, is hardly violent conduct.

Like I said, the referee was a complete prick, and should be sacked for nothing more than being a complete cock.

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
A bit harsh.

Not like he went all Andreas Dahl on the guy.

16996-500-w_8042571.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Violent conduct?? He rugby tackled him. THe twat obviosuly wasn't going to stand still if caught, the player caught him, the twat tried to run, and they went over!! Hardly violent conduct was it? If he gave him a slap or kick then maybe, but grabbing hold of him, and pulling him to the floor when he tried to get away, is hardly violent conduct.

Like I said, the referee was a complete prick, and should be sacked for nothing more than being a complete cock.

It comes under the 'violent conduct law' not because the action was particularly violent, but because it is "excessive force".

He ran at him and pretty much threw him to the ground with an arm drag take down. I think the pitch invader had it coming to him and I would love to see such a thing given a pass from the laws, but it was "excessive force" in that it was more than was necessary. Grab him, restrain him, and the ref would have taken no action, run at the guy and throw/drag him to the ground with the force that the momentum of running at him gave you, when there are other people on the field who are employed to stop him, and it is "excessive".

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He dished out a further two reds to Dorchester. They ended up with only 8 players on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here