Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sent off for tackling a pitch invader in a mankini

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can't believe this hasn't been on here, but if it has I didn't see it so it is likely to be new to others too.

Whilst researching Ben Dickenson 'just in case', I happened across this article and accompanying video (you have to watch the video)...

BBC Sport - Football - Dorchester's Ashley Vickers sees red over pitch invader

Amazing stuff - and WHAT A TACKLE on the japester who had interrupted play. He'll think twice about doing that again...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hilario...

"The security there were too slow but Vickers caught me quite well. He should be a rugby player.

"He hit me quite hard so by the time I had got up I didn't know where I was on the pitch because I hadn't expected the tackle."

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
"one of the BBC's top football pundits" and then Steve Claridge comes on. Top!! Surely he's well down the list of BBC football pundits.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just googling 'Referee David Spain' and he is clearly very fond of his red card.

Sent off 4 in a match between Totton and Weymouth.

He sent off three in the match posted by Bozza.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
These incidents are going to set a dangerous precedent if players continue to get red cards for stopping these twats.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Hilario...

"He hit me quite hard so by the time I had got up I didn't know where I was on the pitch because I hadn't expected the tackle."

When I first read that I thought he was talking about the tackle hanging out of his mankini!:lol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
These incidents are going to set a dangerous precedent if players continue to get red cards for stopping these twats.

Yes. I too am worried that civilisation as we know it is likely to come under the severest of threats from a referee sending off a thuggish non-league player in front of three men and a dog midweek at some bike shed of a ground for tackling a pitch invader who's wearing a mankini.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here