Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sensation Sullivan In Goal Tonight

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Eventually he'll make a bad mistake or have a poor game. Then we'll get all the "Not good enough, get rid, another youth failure, he's had his chance etc etc" posts.

I'll take a wild guess and say most of them will come from the same people who slagged off Glenn Murray as 'lazy'.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
The Sun said today that Kuipers reward for saving the penalties against Man City was to be dropped.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I don't think so Brovion. Kuipers has been dropped in the past, farmed out on loan and, though he's occasionally uttered a poorly judged word, he's stayed with us for a long time. It's not like he was dropped either is it? He picked up an injury and the team started winning without him in goal, so the man in possession keeps the jersey.

I'm sure he won't be happy privately but I'd be disappointed and a bit surprised if he came out in public and bitched about it too forcefully.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes well the Sun is arsepaper. Kuipers isn't dropped. He was injured, and as yet hasn't won back a place.

Good on Adams for NOT reverting automatically to favourites. If only he'd apply that thinking to the rest of his team selection.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Cue sulk from Kuipers?
I wonder if he'll do the same as last time when he was out the team, and that is tell everyone who's unfortunate to be in his earshot at reserve games, that he should be in the first team.

Kuipers is Dead
Long Live Sullivan:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think this time it is different to past time Kuipers has been dropped. IN the past other keepers have been bought in (either on loan or pernamently) to replace Kuipers. This has affected Kuipers because the fact that the club have been bringing in other keepers has demonstrated a lack of faith in him.

This time, a keeper has come from within the club - nobody has undermined Kuipers by looking elsewhere for a goalie. So, I don't think he will sulk this time.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think so Brovion. Kuipers has been dropped in the past, farmed out on loan and, though he's occasionally uttered a poorly judged word, he's stayed with us for a long time. It's not like he was dropped either is it? He picked up an injury and the team started winning without him in goal, so the man in possession keeps the jersey.

I'm sure he won't be happy privately but I'd be disappointed and a bit surprised if he came out in public and bitched about it too forcefully.
Eh? I never said anything about Kuipers sulking, are you confusing me with MacKenzie? I was commenting more on the impatient, bi-polar nature of some fans.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
just reading a derby messgae board and apparently brighton have had only one defeat in 19 night matches at Withdean in the last three years - is that right?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
just reading a derby messgae board and apparently brighton have had only one defeat in 19 night matches at Withdean in the last three years - is that right?

Thats only Tuesday night matches isnt it? What message board out of interest?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

Was that Notts Forest last year, or am I making that up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here