Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seb Carole

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Why does MM continue to let Carole take so many of the set pieces when this is clearly not one of his strongpoints?

There's no doubting he's a class act and a very skilful player but time after time he puts ineffective corners in, the prime example yesterday being in the last minute when we'd pushed everyone up into the box including the keeper only for Carole's corner to not even make it past the first defender.

He's great at the instinctive things but not so good when he has time to think about it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Possibly due to his height as he wouldnt win many headers from corners in the box. I would leave him just outside on the corner of the box to catch the ball that is coming out. Let Chippy take the corners etc on one side and Frutos the other.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well he now seems to want to play him upfront. YET another player playing out of position.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Yoda said:
Seem to remember him taking the free kick for Big Guy to score up at Watford.

But corners, you're right with that.

Not forgetting the corner at palarse that McShane scored THAT goal from.

But he doesn't seem to put much pace on his set-piece deliveries. I think we'd be a lot more threatening if Chippy took them.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
BensGrandad said:
Possibly due to his height as he wouldnt win many headers from corners in the box. I would leave him just outside on the corner of the box to catch the ball that is coming out. Let Chippy take the corners etc on one side and Frutos the other.

I'd have Frutos on the edge of the box, he seems to have the most powerful and accurate shot in the side and (given our lack of height) is likely to latch onto a defenders nodded clearance at corners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here