Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seb Carole

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I know that we have been giving Seb Carole a bit of a hard time since his return but credit where credits due, i thought he was superb on sat and looked like the Seb from the first time round.

Long may it continue

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I hope this form continues and Bennett and LuaLua can all challenge with him for a place in the starting lineup.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
He seemed to be nearly back to how I remember him in his early days at the club. Someone seems to have had a word with him about getting his cross in earlier as well because his delivery is much quicker and all the better for it. Some idiot on the phone in was slagging him off, but am glad to say John Byrne shot him down in flames.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
He knows his contract is on the line and that he needs a good display. If we sign him in the summer on a longer contract then he would start doing shit again. I trust Poyet to make the right decission about him in the summer but IMO we should let him go and bring someone else in as cover for whoever is playing LM.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
If there's one thing we all know about Seb it's his inconsistency!

To give him an extended contract on the back of a couple of decent displays after all the average ones he's had us endure would be a huge mistake IMHO

Thanks, but no thanks. We can do much better.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
He has been much improved in the last two games, that is just two games though. To sign him up for another year depends on many things. How cheap will he be, who are we looking at signing, who will sign. I can see him being here next year but personally I would not bother unless his performances continue to improve for the rfemainder of the season.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Best game in a Brighton shirt from Seb.

Still wouldn't keep him longer than the end of the season mind.

It helped him not having to worry about defending.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
I was very surprised when Seb returned for a third spell and wrote him off there and then but to be honest his last few performances have been as good as any we saw in his first tenure.

We could do a lot worse than Seb as back-up. If he keeps this form up until the end of the season, I don't think Poyet would have any option but to give him a year.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Yeah, he has a few good games, then he goes quiet. We've seen it over and over again. Even last season, he played well for 2 or 3 matches, and fans were even saying 'GET SEB ON!!' 2 games later he wasn't even on the bench and we were all saying how shit he is.

Next.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Players show their potential when they are playing for teams who play to their strengths. The first half of his spell with us the first time that happened but once relegation became a real threat we went more direct and his style was not taken advantage of. Certainly in his second spell our style of play was all wrong for him. However, the style of play that Gus advocates is right up his street. Dont think he'll ever be first choice but he is a better back up, in Gus's team, than Cox.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
his , let , manager , the, do ,job...........gus obviously saw something in him and may have been smart with the weekly contract offer,in a kick up the arse sort of way,everyone needs one every now and then..!!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
IMO he wasnt that great, just appears so because he was better than usual, which is really poor!

Perhaps because it was against Tranmere he felt he had something to prove he was better, maybe he is just becoming fitter or perhaps he is playing for a contract? All of these I dont know but what I do know is that we need better if we are serious about promotion next season.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Seb definately had a much better game on Saturday but he is not back to his best yet. He got round the back when played through but I dont remember him once once taking on a defender 1 ON 1 and getting the better of them . Thats what found so exciting about him first time round and what impresses me with Lua Lua............

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Decent backup and Poyet likes him and thinks he can get the best out of him, can see him getting a year.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Yep Seb was excellent as was the whole performance, first time I've really enjoyed a game for ages, some quality passing moves and they actually looked like professional footballers, worth paying to watch.
Thursday should be a cracker but odds on a 0-0 or 1-1.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
IMO he wasnt that great, just appears so because he was better than usual, which is really poor!

Perhaps because it was against Tranmere he felt he had something to prove he was better, maybe he is just becoming fitter or perhaps he is playing for a contract? All of these I dont know but what I do know is that we need better if we are serious about promotion next season.

Agreed - I just cannot see what others apear to be able too, he is a drain on the salary pool.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seb definately had a much better game on Saturday but he is not back to his best yet. He got round the back when played through but I dont remember him once once taking on a defender 1 ON 1 and getting the better of them . Thats what found so exciting about him first time round and what impresses me with Lua Lua............

I agree although on another thread, I made the same comment about him taking on defenders. However, I have to concede that for the second goal, having seen the highlights, he did skip past one defender before putting the ball in the box. That still remains the only time he took on a defender and succeeded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here