Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Tickets

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Have it on good authority that the letters will be sent out this weekend, no price rise, and a new initiative for the allocation of tickets for high demand away games which will favour STH.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Superphil said:
Have it on good authority that the letters will be sent out this weekend, no price rise, and a new initiative for the allocation of tickets for high demand away games which will favour STH.

When I last had one you got a discounted price for paying before 31/3/2006. I wonder if that discount will apply this year or whether the higher price is used as the basis for saying no price rise. If you get my drift :jester:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Anyone who shells out for a season ticket for next season deserves a knighthood.... not just the measly carrot of a sniff at a ticket should we manage to make it through to the interesting rounds of a cup competition and get a 'big' away draw. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Do we get a free silly cup ticket

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
All the information I got is as my first post. Though you might like to conjour with the term "Gold Member"

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Has to be said if all they are offering is a price freeze and the incentive of priority on big cup games then I think they will be rather disappointed by the take up this season.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Ticket prices simply have to come down to avoid a massive drop in up take after this season.

They probably "can't afford" to drop prices but surely thats better than losing 1,000 or so season ticket holders.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wilka said:
Ticket prices simply have to come down to avoid a massive drop in up take after this season.

They probably "can't afford" to drop prices but surely thats better than losing 1,000 or so season ticket holders.

Not in the commercial guru eyes of the commercially inert people that run this club I am afraid.

Mildly surprised they have not gone up

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Beach Hut said:
Not in the commercial guru eyes of the commercially inert people that run this club I am afraid.

Personally i'm the sort of mug who will pay what ever. It's the game to game people this really messes up. At least 5 of my mates would come to more home games if they didn't have to pay £24.50 for the privilege.

I know the circumstances the club are under. I hope for the clubs sake we do well next season. That is the only way crowds won't continue to be poor.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wilka said:
Personally i'm the sort of mug who will pay what ever. It's the game to game people this really messes up. At least 5 of my mates would come to more home games if they didn't have to pay £24.50 for the privilege.

I know the circumstances the club are under. I hope for the clubs sake we do well next season. That is the only way crowds won't continue to be poor.

I think the dye is cast no matter what now with crowds and Withdean.

Sadly people are sick to death of high prices and a sh1te stadium and are now voting with their feet.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
It should work out at £20 a game for Season ticket holders and £21.50 say max for tickets in the south stand.

East Stand should be £15 ever week and the same for away fans.

Thats a fare price for league one football.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Beach Hut said:

What a surprise. Perhaps with your nouse in the stock market, you could offer them some free advice. :jester:

When you take into account - tax, rent and travel, the club are not getting much at all.

I will have spent more on tickets for myself than your season ticket cost, so they may be hoping for more people like me if people are not willing to cough up straight away.

It has been no mean to feat to keep us 'solvent' considering we have missed out on an estimated £30m revenue since our departure from The Goldstone - perhaps you would like to cut your daily gripe down to one a week. ;)

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Barrel of Fun said:
What a surprise. Perhaps with your nouse in the stock market, you could offer them some free advice.

When you take into account - tax, rent and travel, the club are not getting much at all.

I will have spent more on tickets for myself than your season ticket cost, so they may be hoping for more people like me if people are not willing to cough up straight away.

It has been no mean to feat to keep us 'solvent' considering we have missed out on an estimated £30m revenue since our departure from The Goldstone - perhaps you would like to cut your daily gripe down to one a week.

BOF stop banging the drum of the bleeding obvious - we all know the facts and the trouble is people like you will become less and less unless they have a season ticket.

I suspect that half those that do not renew will only go to 50% of home games next season if that.

Therefore if the club reduced the price more would buy and guarantee the revenue.

Generations of fans will never come back as they will find something better to do on a Saturday unless the club get more bums on seats and reducing the season ticket price would help.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Beach Hut said:
BOF stop banging the drum of the bleeding obvious - we all know the facts and the trouble is people like you will become less and less unless they have a season ticket.

I suspect that half those that do not renew will only go to 50% of home games.

Therefore if the club reduced the price more would buy and guarantee the revenue.

Generations of fans will never come back as they will find something better to do on a Saturday unless the club get more bums on seats and reducing the season ticket price would help.

But by how much can they decrease the prices? Attendances did not climb when tickets were virtually being given away for select games. I am lead to believe that the club only takes about £12 from each full price ticket and can they really reduce that?

I would love to discuss this further, but I am off to play football.

Enjoy the England game, one and all!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
tinx said:
Has to be said if all they are offering is a price freeze and the incentive of priority on big cup games then I think they will be rather disappointed by the take up this season.

Agree with that.

I would suggest that maximum 65% of STH will renew. (This is only going by what has been discussed by those who sit around us.)

I believe that we had 4400 STH last year - so less than 3000 next year.

That's around £ 800,000 in lost revenue.

We could be in for some really crap attendances.

Club should have made a small reduction IMO -say 10% as a gesture. Possibly add in 1 free cup game and priority for away cup games .

I take on board BOF's comments but people have had enough of Withdean, poor entertainment and lack of investment in the playing side.

God we need a Falmer YES and quick.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Those that do not renew will not watch every game next season at home and in three years time when Falmer is built will have found something better to do.

The club (allegedly) make no money at home games and are bailed out by generous directors. We are only half filling the stadium so the sums do add up to reduce the prices - it requires some vision and breaking the mould but unlikely to happen.

Why have many other clubs reduced season ticket prices - for fun ?

The reason I renew is to ensure I do go and it will be between £800 and £1,200 dependant on Mrs Hut. I will pay on my interest free credit card and will budget to pay it off.

There is no way I would pay around £60 per game as a family as sometimes I would not go as I would not have the money.

All it requires is good marketing and a vision to do this

Last edited:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:

Club should have made a small reduction IMO -say 10% as a gesture. Possibly add in 1 free cup game and priority for away cup games .

How do you know they haven't?
As the renewal letters haven't come out yet averything in this thread is supposition, I think I'll wait & see before moaning about the price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here