Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket sales

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
As written in the Argus comments are these figures correct?
If so bloody hell:clap2:

ShorehamBeachcomber wrote:
4,500 extra season tix sold thus far in addition to 18,500 last season (-500 non renewals) for East Stand, puts us level with Chelsea, 2k behind Pool & 2k ahead to the Toffee munchers currently. Exceptional numbers

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
The waiting list was around the 4000 mark and after the season we've just had I can believe they could sell that extra amount easily. However......I'll wait till I hear something official rather than a comments page to take it as fact!!!!!!!!!!!

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
The 4,000 figure has just come from the list itself. Waiting list appointments have not even started yet, and yes some have been able to get already, but 4,000 extra sales already is nonsense. We probably have less STHs at the moment than we did last season due to the non-renewals

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
The waiting list was around the 4000 mark and after the season we've just had I can believe they could sell that extra amount easily. However......I'll wait till I hear something official rather than a comments page to take it as fact!!!!!!!!!!!

If you read it again i start of with a question no mention of facts!!!!!!!!!!!
But here is a fact for you.

Posted on 18th April BHA website
Albion are inviting supporters interested in a season ticket at the American Express Community Stadium, either for next season or subsequent seasons, to join the club's season-ticket waiting list.

The demand for season tickets has been astonishing, with over 15,000 season tickets and 2600 corporate packages sold, leaving approximately 10 per cent of home seats to be sold on a match-to-match basis.

Managing director Ken Brown explained, "We have sold out on season tickets, and are asking any fans who may be interested in a season ticket to join the waiting list.

"We have some tickets set aside for players and staff, and some of these may be released for season ticket sales, however at this stage we cannot guarantee that will happen; therefore interested parties are advised to get onto the waiting list.

"Aside from those tickets, we have an area we want to keep free for cup matches - which can be up to a 15 per cent allocation for away sides.

"The board has also decided to keep some tickets for sale on a match-to-match basis for the benefit of supporters who can't purchase a season ticket.

"This way we also avoid the situation we had at Withdean, where there was a misconception that tickets were not available, because the first couple of seasons sold out to season ticket holders."

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If you read it again i start of with a question no mention of facts!!!!!!!!!!!
But here is a fact for you.

Posted on 18th April BHA website
Albion are inviting supporters interested in a season ticket at the American Express Community Stadium, either for next season or subsequent seasons, to join the club's season-ticket waiting list.

The demand for season tickets has been astonishing, with over 15,000 season tickets and 2600 corporate packages sold, leaving approximately 10 per cent of home seats to be sold on a match-to-match basis.

Managing director Ken Brown explained, "We have sold out on season tickets, and are asking any fans who may be interested in a season ticket to join the waiting list.

"We have some tickets set aside for players and staff, and some of these may be released for season ticket sales, however at this stage we cannot guarantee that will happen; therefore interested parties are advised to get onto the waiting list.

"Aside from those tickets, we have an area we want to keep free for cup matches - which can be up to a 15 per cent allocation for away sides.

"The board has also decided to keep some tickets for sale on a match-to-match basis for the benefit of supporters who can't purchase a season ticket.

"This way we also avoid the situation we had at Withdean, where there was a misconception that tickets were not available, because the first couple of seasons sold out to season ticket holders."

That article is from last year surely?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If it was true, then the club wouldnt of fully booked up the rest of the month for appointments for new STHs - seeing as appontments for the main waiting list start today. Think the guy might be on about the ESU, which is near full up and holds 4,000.

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
Got my new season ticket today in ESU, asked how many they have sold and was told about 700, but a few existing season ticket holders have moved about. ESU looked about 60-70% full.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
As written in the Argus comments are these figures correct?
If so bloody hell:clap2:

ShorehamBeachcomber wrote:
4,500 extra season tix sold thus far in addition to 18,500 last season (-500 non renewals) for East Stand, puts us level with Chelsea, 2k behind Pool & 2k ahead to the Toffee munchers currently. Exceptional numbers

Those 500 non renewers would be in the ESL and WSL(north half). The other sections always appear loyally full.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Got my new season ticket today in ESU, asked how many they have sold and was told about 700, but a few existing season ticket holders have moved about. ESU looked about 60-70% full.

Lots of STs have been sold over the phone to fans who want to avoid waiting for an appointment.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Lots of STs have been sold over the phone to fans who want to avoid waiting for an appointment.

That includes me! Finally got my letter inviting me to phone up - the letter actually says that you can buy over the phone if you'd prefer. (From previous posts, I suspect they've only recently added that to the letter.)
Where I missed out on a season ticket this season, I've tried all the stands and decided my preferred view is from the front of WSU, although I was half-tempted by the more expensive central WSL seats if I could get something far enough back (as I'm not so keen on being too close to pitch level). As I'd also rather not have the sun in my eyes (a risk in the East Stand), I asked about West Stand - in WSL, the only available seats were fairly near the front, and there were only a few in WSU. As one of the WSU seats was pretty central and not too many rows back, I snapped that up quick! YES! Albion Season Ticket holder AT LAST!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here