Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket sales at Falmer?

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I confidently predict at least 10,000 in year 1 - I am certain that there are still many 'sleepers' out there with the means and the motivation. You cannot underestimate the enormous damage done to our customer base by our lengthy occupation of Withdean. But I don't think it's permanent. Gates of 15,000 could easily be achieved. Numbers of away supporters will also certainly increase.

Maintaining that support beyond year 1 will depend of course on ticket pricing and success on the field.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
ok.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I reckon 7k season tickets.
Surely with a bigger stadium we won't need to all be season ticket holders. It will be back to the good old days of pay on the day ( well collect ticket from a booth outside)

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
You can pretty much take as certain the friendlies played before the first season will be sold out.

I reckon the impression the stadium gives in those games could draw a few extra in.

I will go for 9,000

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I confidently predict at least 10,000 in year 1 - I am certain that there are still many 'sleepers' out there with the means and the motivation. You cannot underestimate the enormous damage done to our customer base by our lengthy occupation of Withdean. But I don't think it's permanent. Gates of 15,000 could easily be achieved. Numbers of away supporters will also certainly increase.

Maintaining that support beyond year 1 will depend of course on ticket pricing and success on the field.

All depends what Division we're in, IMO we need to be in Lge 1 as an absolute minimum. We also need to be careful not to price people out as the Season tickets now are way overpriced.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
All depends what Division we're in, IMO we need to be in Lge 1 as an absolute minimum. We also need to be careful not to price people out as the Season tickets now are way overpriced.

Agreed, but I can't see ST prices being lowere than they are now.

IMO, WITH DECENT MARKETING (Something the club is crap at at the moment) we should be hoping at lease half of those who went to Cardiff get a ST.

So between 12 and 15 k

If we are in the Championship (ha ha atthe moment) away fans plus casuals would mean average attendances of betwwen 14 and 18 k

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Probably not far off. We need the right PR with a good premiership side coming down for the first friendly and like the above has mentioned that will draw a few more in.

I can't wait!!! :love:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I remember DK saying Man City have agreed to a friendly at Falmer when it's built.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
After the novelty of new stadium wears off (after year 1) it will completely depend what league were in, if were in championship pretty much all away teams wiil bring over 1500.....most over 2000 i reckon plus 12k albion fans....prob average about 14000 if were doing reasonably well in championship.
If were only mid table in league 1 you can probably knock 4000 off of that.
I reckon of those average crowds of 12k albion fans about 8k will be sth.
Will be interesting to see what price a season tkt will be after year 1.....i bet they offer a lot of deals for 3, 5 or possibly 10 year season tickets

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If I have to pay the same for Falmer as I do now then I don't think that is unreasonable. It costs me just under £18 per home league game. Throw in a promotion before Falmer and that's good value.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Nobody can predict the crowds at falmer,although to be quiet honest the morale of many fans is rock bottom and due to the fact we have been in the shits for so long that doesn't help;)

The club can easily sell out most games in league 1,if we average less than 10k in league 1 when falmer opens i will be gobsmacked:thud:

only time will tell though as we could all be surprised or shocked:clap:

As I said on another thread ...

With a new stadium, is there any reason why the Albion shouldn't be attracting the same size crowds that Leicester City have been getting this season?

Code:
MK Dons		         23,351
Northampton		22,795
Millwall		         19,591
Bristol Rovers		18,941
Hartlepool		18,578
Tranmere		         17,798
Walsall		         17,178
Yeovil Town		16,528

Leicester has a population of 280,000. Brighton & Hove's population is 249,000 - more if you count the urban areas that are attached.

The cheapest adult tickets for home games at Leicester are £23.
Over-60s tickets start at £21.
Under-22s & Students from £15.
Under-16s are £10.
Under-12s are £5.
Under-8s are £3.

Posh seats go up to £30 for adults.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Falmer cant hold 23 351.
I would be surprised if we did get those crowds.....but who knows...i think there is a lot of people out there who will go who have never been to withdean...providing price is reasonable and easy to get tickets on day.
plus Leicester have had a lot better last 10 years than we have...hey not missed out on a generation of supporters like we may well have

Surf 'n' Turf

Sep 21, 2008
Falmer cant hold 23 351.
I would be surprised if we did get those crowds.....but who knows...i think there is a lot of people out there who will go who have never been to withdean...providing price is reasonable and easy to get tickets on day.
plus Leicester have had a lot better last 10 years than we have...hey not missed out on a generation of supporters like we may well have

I speak to a few fans (I wont call them supporters) of other clubs at work, such as Arsenal and Man Utd etc, they have all said they will more than likely go along once the staduim is built.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It completely depends on which league we're in. 15k Championship - 8k L1 I reckon. First season will be higher. I just can't see all the stay away fans at the moment coming back permanently if we're still in L1.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
It completely depends on which league we're in. 15k Championship - 8k L1 I reckon. First season will be higher. I just can't see all the stay away fans at the moment coming back permanently if we're still in L1.

that sounds about right ish.

though if anyone thinks we will at this time double or triple STH holders I think you are living in cloud cukoo land

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here