Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket renewals

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Someone I know who went on a tour, was told that the application was approved and seats would be installed in the summer.

So positive vibes but nothing to hang my hat on as yet. IMO I think they will be there ready for next season. But I am in a very positive frame of mind at the moment.

I doubt that is the case. When (if) we get permission, I'm sure there will be an official announcement from the club, not a tourguide.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Someone I know who went on a tour, was told that the application was approved and seats would be installed in the summer.

So positive vibes but nothing to hang my hat on as yet. IMO I think they will be there ready for next season. But I am in a very positive frame of mind at the moment.

Not true.

'Target decision date' according to the Brighton & Hove City Council website is 30th April.

There is also an accompanying planning application for the demolition of the old Falmer School buildings for a temporary 684-space car park to be constructed. Target decision date is 22nd May.

Last edited:

For me, that doesn't get round the problem.

The problem - especially on the trains - is that there are too many people in such a short space of time in the queue to check tickets. Your solution wouldn't resolve it because individual tickets - in whatever form - would still need to be checked. It's the checking that's the problem, not what is being checked.

I think that a universal levy, whether it's used by an individual or not, is the best, possibly easiest way. The individual would not so much be paying for their travel, more they'd be contributing towards the running costs of keeping the stadium operation legal.

Good point about the checking of tickets; if there was enough staff at the station to check tickets then there would be no problems with people getting away with not paying regardless of whether it was a paper ticket or a different coloured season ticket. I am happy to pay a levy as I have paid for the travel vouchers this season too.

In an ideal world we would have ticket barriers at all stations in the travel area and ticket readers on buses that could read season tickets that have opted to buy extra travel via bus or train, but as our public transport system in this country is not that well integrated then this ain't an option!

Last edited:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Dont know if they could be linked together, but Southern/Brighton and Hove/Stagecoach are all supposed to be starting smartcard for the travel, could stick the travel on the season ticket smart card and just use that on match day, no idea if it could work though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Assuming the season tickets do go up £30 or so, is anyone seriously objecting to that?

Mar 10, 2006
What the ones who bleat that they can't get a match ticket and yet there are always empty seats in the area where you can buy them on a match to match basis. Not sure that these people actually exist.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
What the ones who bleat that they can't get a match ticket and yet there are always empty seats in the area where you can buy them on a match to match basis. Not sure that these people actually exist.

As far as I am aware pre Cardiff every home game this season has officially sold out to home fans.

I understand that seats in the away end maybe unsold but I don't understand why if all matches are sold out to home fans
why the same seats seem to be empty game after game.
We have a capacity of 22500 yet we have not had a crowd of 22000 yet.
s/t no shows can't be the only reason or that.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
As far as I am aware pre Cardiff every home game this season has officially sold out to home fans.

I understand that seats in the away end maybe unsold but I don't understand why if all matches are sold out to home fans
why the same seats seem to be empty game after game.
We have a capacity of 22500 yet we have not had a crowd of 22000 yet.
s/t no shows can't be the only reason or that.

1,700 missing from the S'ton home game, when almost everyone was off work, was a mystery.

Does anyone know if the planning application has been heard,passed,rejected yet ?
Currently "under consideration":-

American Express Community Stadium Village Way Brighton

received 19/12/2011

Application for variation of conditions 39 and 43 of approved planning application BH2001/02418 and variation of conditions 35 and 38 of approved planning application BH2008/02732. Condition 39 of application BH2001/02418 and condition 35 of application BH2008/02732 seek to remove reference to the minimum of 2000 car parking spaces and increase the maximum number from 2200 to 3000 and to read as follows - "The Stadium shall not be brought into use unless and until details of arrangements for car parking for a maximum of 3,000 cars at Sussex University and land at the former Falmer High School or at alternative locations within 1.5km of the Stadium have been submitted to and approved by the Local Planning Authority and the said car parking provided. No Outdoor Event for which these parking spaces are required in accordance with the Travel Management Plan shall take place unless such parking spaces are available for use by persons attending the said Outdoor Event. The total number of car parking spaces to be provided for Outdoor Event traffic shall not exceed 3,000 within 1.5km of the Stadium." Condition 43 of application BH2001/02418 and condition 38 of application BH2008/02732 seek to increase the maximum number of people in attendance from 22,500 to 30,750 (additional 8,250) and to read as follows - "No event shall take place at the Community Stadium with an attendance in excess of 30,750 people".

And there's this:-

Details for application number: BH2012/00566

address: Falmer School Lewes Road Brighton
application type: full planning
received date: 27/02/12

applicant:
Brighton & Hove City Council
Town Hall
Norton Road
Hove
BN3 3BQ

agent:
FCB Studios
Twenty
Tottenham Street
London
W1T 4RF

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
A.N.Other has written that...

- Season ticket match prices have been frozen, but...
- Season tickets will have a travel voucher element added
- Match-by-match tickets will rise in price

Confirmed in todays Argus.

another NSC exclusive :clap:

£30 travel element (£15 for under 18 and concessions)
ST Frozen, but will be reviewed if the 'dream' happens :)

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not happy about the £30 for travel given I was planning on using supporters coach next season and there's a financial decision that I have to make as not working ... alternatively can't see the club have a lot of choice

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
So IF we get to the Premiership , having already splashed out on a season ticket we'll be asked for fork out abit more ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here