Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Questions

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I haven't seen the Albion much in the last few seasons due to being fairly young and thus more keen to play football on Saturday afternoons rather than watching it, but as I seem to have become decidedly shit at football recently - added to the fact that the Albion seem to be developing an exciting and potentially successful team - I am giving serious consideration to getting a season ticket next season.

I was just wondering if people could give me any advice in terms of ranging costs, best place to sit, what options for type of season ticket there are, and more importantly, whether its worth it or not?

Before anyone says "Ask The Insider" I am putting this on the main forum to get a range of opinions/advice rather than writing a length post and getting nothing more than a link to the official website as a response.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Goring Gull said:
Dont do it! pick and choose your games - depending on the weather and opposition.
Nothing like positive support, eh!

Any chance of you getting a season ticket at the Galpharm? I'm sure a whip-round could be organised.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Personally, i wouldn't get one too early.

Go to a few games at the beginning of the season, see where you like to sit and how the team is performing.

If it's like this season, it might work out cheaper buying cheap tickets (or in some cases getting free ones) off here than paying the full amount.

If we're looking at a promotion push though, you could always get a half season ticket to ensure your seat for the 'big games' at the end of the season.

If you want 'superfan' points though, your money will ensure the club doesn't die in the summer. Or something:)

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
mona said:
Nothing like positive support, eh!

Any chance of you getting a season ticket at the Galpharm? I'm sure a whip-round could be organised.

I go sometimes normally do the big games such as the local derbies. Can't wait for Leeds coming to Galpharm next season, the mouth is watering at the prosect of that one.

Last edited:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Withdean Wanderer said:
Personally, i wouldn't get one too early.

Go to a few games at the beginning of the season, see where you like to sit and how the team is performing.

If it's like this season, it might work out cheaper buying cheap tickets (or in some cases getting free ones) off here than paying the full amount.

If we're looking at a promotion push though, you could always get a half season ticket to ensure your seat for the 'big games' at the end of the season.

If you want 'superfan' points though, your money will ensure the club doesn't die in the summer. Or something:)

Thanks for your advice:

Won't it be a big hassle getting tickets game by game though, or is it quite easy? I remember doing it before but it involved relentlessly phoning the ticket office to see if they had any returns.

How does a half season ticket work? Is it only for the second half of the season then?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Chesney Christ said:
Thanks for your advice:

Won't it be a big hassle getting tickets game by game though, or is it quite easy?

That really depends on how well we are doing. This is the first season at Withers that I have not had a season ticket, and I have not yet missed a home game. Been able to get tickets pretty easily, even having choice of blocks on most occasions.

However, if we start playing sexy football and pushing for promotion next season, I guess it may be a different story.

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Chesney Christ said:
Thanks for your advice:

Won't it be a big hassle getting tickets game by game though, or is it quite easy? I remember doing it before but it involved relentlessly phoning the ticket office to see if they had any returns.

How does a half season ticket work? Is it only for the second half of the season then?

Believe me there will be plenty of tickets available - if this seasons form continues you'll have no problems.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Chesney Christ said:
Thanks for your advice:

Getting tickets now Withdean has expanded is a doddle. Just walk into the shop, ring them up or book them online.

The club continued to sell 'season tickets' this season even when the season had already started. Basically pick your game you want to start your 'season ticket' at and they will sell you one. They aren't going to turn away money. But as an example, the club usually advertise 'half season tickets' around Christmas, which are only for the second half of the season.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Goring Gull said:
I go sometimes normally do the big games such as the local derbies. Can't wait for Leeds coming to Galpharm next season, the mouth is watering at the prosect of that one.

Ill make sure I come up for that one too!!!

I'll PM you when the fixtures come out and you can reintroduce me to the decent boozers ( and I can go and see Berry Brow Infants)

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Dave the Gaffer said:
Ill make sure I come up for that one too!!!

I'll PM you when the fixtures come out and you can reintroduce me to the decent boozers ( and I can go and see Berry Brow Infants)

The Star just off Lockwood road/Chapel hill is good loads of decent Ales.

A lot of the pubs have probably changed by now. Still a few good ones though on teh edge of the town centre and teh Vulcan is alive a well but you did say decent. The Cresent has shut down and is now a Tapas bar - Bar Andulucia.

All the Hudds fans are just praying Leeds go down this year.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Chesney - if you're young enough to carry on playing then do it. You'll never get that time back. You're a long time 'retired'

There will be enough midweek games to get to and you will always get a few of your games postponed, meaning you should be able to get to few Saturday games.

There is no substitute for playing

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The only thing about a season ticket is it does motivate you to go to games you might otherwise avoid if you had to go out of your way to buy a ticket.

I think this is a plus point, anyway!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Chesney Christ said:

Before anyone says "Ask The Insider" I am putting this on the main forum to get a range of opinions/advice rather than writing a length post and getting nothing more than a link to the official website as a response.

Brilliant because its TRUE :clap2:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Hiney said:
Chesney - if you're young enough to carry on playing then do it. You'll never get that time back. You're a long time 'retired'

There will be enough midweek games to get to and you will always get a few of your games postponed, meaning you should be able to get to few Saturday games.

There is no substitute for playing

I have been of that opinion for a while but I'm getting so disillusioned with how badly I'm playing.

Every season starts with me playing really well for the first few months, then around December time I seem to lose all motivation and desire to play, and spend the rest of the season playing like Jason Peake. It just depresses me.

I think if I take a season off, I will rediscover my hunger for playing again. Hopefully.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Buy per game for the 1st few and pick up a bargain when one of the season ticket holders on here chucks their dummy and toys out of the pram after a few games and puts his ticket up for sale :thumbsup:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Chesney Christ said:
I have been of that opinion for a while but I'm getting so disillusioned with how badly I'm playing.

Every season starts with me playing really well for the first few months, then around December time I seem to lose all motivation and desire to play, and spend the rest of the season playing like Jason Peake. It just depresses me.

I think if I take a season off, I will rediscover my hunger for playing again. Hopefully.

write to Wilkins...you seem like the idea player we have been looking for:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How long is a piece of string? Nobody knows how much they will go up this year.

Dont buy one wait until the club realise that many have followed your lead and then start offering deals to fill the ground.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here