Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

searching for job

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Try Asda HourlyHourly as the recruiting for Xmas is underway , seasonal to start with and if they like you it could end up with going permanent (part time with single rate overtime to make the hours up)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
As a 16 year old student its really tough for me to find work at the moment as im not looking to go college..

nonsense, loads of work if you look.

Have you

Emailed all local companys enquiring
Cold called shops / business's continusly for 7 days ?
Sent letters to as many local business's as you can , continual process
Visited recruitment agencys and chased them daily
Looked in local papers
Looked online

If yes , then agree it is difficult

Oct 25, 2003
looking for retail work or bar work or anything else .

have you done bar work before? if not, unless you have a contact, i wouldn't really recommend applying anywhere other than "chain" pubs, as a lot of pubs insist on you having experience

weatherspoons are pretty good at employing young staff without experience, and they tend to employ a shit load of people, with a fairly high turnover

Oct 25, 2003
As a 16 year old student its really tough for me to find work at the moment as im not looking to go college..

unfortunately if your highest qualification is GCSE then you may well struggle as there are a fair number of unemployed people with a-levels and even degrees who are willing to take anything at the moment

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Have you considered doing voluntary work ? , I think you can still claim benefits by doing 16 hours a week or less and will give you an advantage over other youngsters in the same position when applying for jobs.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
have you done bar work before? if not, unless you have a contact, i wouldn't really recommend applying anywhere other than "chain" pubs, as a lot of pubs insist on you having experience

weatherspoons are pretty good at employing young staff without experience, and they tend to employ a shit load of people, with a fairly high turnover

Agreed , a lot of pubs will want previous experience of working behind the bar and cellarwork.

Seagulljohn

Jul 21, 2011
Try Anita at hill barn golf course in worthing. Used to be the head Greenkeeper there and when I spoke to them last week they were moaning they where short staffed.

01903 237301

John

Oct 25, 2003
-grenadier
-sussex cricketers? (the pub next to the county ground)
-the sussex (hove seafront)
-sportsman
-black lion, patcham
-katarinas? (marina)

are all worth a shot

Seagulljohn

Jul 21, 2011
Try Anita at hill barn golf course in worthing. Used to be the head Greenkeeper there and when I spoke to them last week they were moaning they where short staffed.

01903 237301

John

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Also in the boat of looking for a job, however seeming I'm looking for jobs in the same area, I'm going to class you as a rival. :wink:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

I'm not digging you personally out but I'm going to echo what another poster has said. Have you really looked and given it your all?

I've employed 7 people in the last 12 months (all entry level jobs) and all bar 1 of those people has been a struggle to employ.

I've got a role open at the moment and out of 4 people we agreed to see last week 2 of them didn't turn up for the interview, the other 2 were both late. One of which didn't even mention the fact he was 45 minutes late or even try and apologise for it. The other girl was 10 minutes late but did at least have the decency to make up an excuse why she was late. So we got her back in for a second interview today and once again she was late.

I'm not saying all young people are the same but it's a real struggle for me to have sympathy with comments likes yours when from my first hand experience it's not the case.

Incidentally if any of you youngsters fancy a career in online marketing and wouldn't object working in London (Blackfriars) drop me a PM and I'll send you the job spec.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here