Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Player

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Tanno saying that our budget is 15th in the league! So to be where we are I'm delighted!

Also the highlights just made me want to cry. Brilliant 7mins packed full but agonising to, If Hoskins had played would he have buried some of the chances Barnes missed?

:)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Tanno saying that our budget is 15th in the league! So to be where we are I'm delighted!

Also the highlights just made me want to cry. Brilliant 7mins packed full but agonising to, If Hoskins had played would he have buried some of the chances Barnes missed?

:)

Increase the budget then, our turnover is higher than that

Some of this is the historical legacy and 15th is OK in our first season. I expect Tanno and Gus are saying this to lower expectations. However with the level of season ticket sales, catering and merchandising the club should be aiming to climb the league table of budgets next season to avoid stagnation. I am, of course, assuming that we are in the Championship next season.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I am always sceptical when the staff come out and say we're in such and such a position with regards to budget. I can't believe they are accurately know the level of finance of every single club in the division and be able to plot where we stand. For example I am sure Tony Bloom could afford to pay for the highest valued player in the league if he really wanted to, so how does it work we're only 15th? Smoke and mirrors.

I take it all with a pinch of salt

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Increase the budget then, our turnover is higher than that

Rather we did stuck to a budget rather than going for broke justy because we haven't won for a few games. You just have to look a number of other clubs that we currently preach the moral high ground over to see how easily it could all go wrong. We're 5th in the league having had a wonderful first month and a rubbish second month. Personally, I'm still delighted with that.

D

Deleted User X18H

I looked a bit silly when I asked about the enforcer role. Not for the first time though eh.Never mind we agreed on powerful midfielder. Gus touched on this bottom ten in financial status last week anyway. Dont forget we are currently 25th in England in league status terms.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I am always sceptical when the staff come out and say we're in such and such a position with regards to budget. I can't believe they are accurately know the level of finance of every single club in the division and be able to plot where we stand. For example I am sure Tony Bloom could afford to pay for the highest valued player in the league if he really wanted to, so how does it work we're only 15th? Smoke and mirrors.

I take it all with a pinch of salt

Perhaps they are playing it down and we're 20th?

No doubt there is guess work involved to an extent but I think I could easily name 15 teams in this league that have a higher budget than us. I imagine Bloom will up it slightly - surely he would if we're still 5th come January - but if he doesn't I won't be complaining. We're living in our means and that's the way it should be done.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Perhaps they are playing it down and we're 20th?

No doubt there is guess work involved to an extent but I think I could easily name 15 teams in this league that have a higher budget than us. I imagine Bloom will up it slightly - surely he would if we're still 5th come January - but if he doesn't I won't be complaining. We're living in our means and that's the way it should be done.

Agree with the last sentence wholeheartedly.

I just think even the term "budget" is so loose, as I said before, if a manager really wants a player (like Poyet and CMS) then budgets aren't stuck too and providing it's within reason the chairman will get him. I think a lot of it is done on a player by player basis and to then say accurately that there are 14 clubs with higher budgets than us involves a lot of guesswork and trying to cover how much money we actually have available

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tony Bloom said that once the stadium was up and running the club must be self financing and quite rightly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here