Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scunthorpe confirm interest in McNulty

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Not totally unexpected, is McNulty one of these northern types that can't settle in the South? What fee could we command for him?

BBC: BBC Sport - Football - Scunthorpe United target Brighton's Jim McNulty

Scunthorpe United are targeting a more permanent move for Brighton left-back Jim McNulty, 25, who impressed while on loan at Glanford Park last season.

"He's a player I like," Iron manager boss Nigel Adkins told BBC Radio Humberside. "He's one of a couple of players that I have been tracking."

"We've had no contact with Brighton. We need to get the right deal for us."

As for McNulty, he has another year left on his contract with the Seagulls.
But, after falling out of favour on the South Coast, he finished the season at Glanford Park, playing three matches after arriving as a March deadline signing.

Scunthorpe are on the lookout for a left-back following Marcus Williams' move to Reading last month.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Let him go, unfortunately

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
What makes you think he can't settle down here?

No particular reason, except for the comments he made about wishing to stay permanently at Scunthorpe if the opportunity arose, those comments made before Painter agreeing to stay here on a permanent basis.

Of course JM may have been informed behind the scenes of his future prospects here before his move to Scunthorpe, again commenting that he turned down other loan moves that were open to him. (Southern based clubs?)

On reflection, I am probably over analysing the situation!

I'd like him to stay and give Painter some serious competition. :)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
"we haven't contacted brighton"

"we need to get the right deal for us"

.................£150K plus sell on would be a great deal for us with only this year left on his contract

would love to see him stay though and challenge at left midfield - I reckon he could be better there for us than as a full back

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
"we haven't contacted brighton"

"we need to get the right deal for us"

.................£150K plus sell on would be a great deal for us with only this year left on his contract

would love to see him stay though and challenge at left midfield - I reckon he could be better there for us than as a full back

Just looked on seagulls.co.uk and he signed a 3.5 year deal in January 2009.

So he has two years left, worth another £100,000?

Jim signed for the Seagulls for £150,000 from Stockport on a three-and-a-half year deal in the January transfer window in 2009, but in only his fifth match for the club suffered a horrific injury that saw him lose a kidney.

D

Deleted User X18H

All northern based players find it difficult to settle in Sussex. Tunnicliffe, Dickinson, Smith even going back to Wilder. I mean look at Murray! There is a massive north south divide.

Players who might get a 5 bed place in Lancashire say, have to settle for an end of terrace 3 bed in Haywards Heath or similar. Sometimes worse Shane Mcfaul for instance.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
All northern based players find it difficult to settle in Sussex. Tunnicliffe, Dickinson, Smith even going back to Wilder. I mean look at Murray! There is a massive north south divide.

Players who might get a 5 bed place in Lancashire say, have to settle for an end of terrace 3 bed in Haywards Heath or similar. Sometimes worse Shane Mcfaul for instance.

Why don't you shut your noise, you charm-free fuckwit?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
McNulty has been a hero in his time at the Albion, but I wouldn't be too sad to see him go - I don't think he is the player we saw before his horrific injury. All the best to him if he does go.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
McNulty has been a hero in his time at the Albion, but I wouldn't be too sad to see him go - I don't think he is the player we saw before his horrific injury. All the best to him if he does go.

Agreed, don't think he has had a decent game since. Unfortunately, if he is going to get back to his original best, he needs a good run of games, but based on what we saw when he was back, we'd need to be willing to ship a good few goals in that time

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It increasing looks like I do have the gloves he wore in his last EVER Brighton appearance.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Agreed I can still recall the tears from Peter Ward, when he had to leave behind his beloved pidgeons and whippets

The only two in the players you mentioned above who have alluded to not settling in Brighton are Glenn Murray and Chris Wilder. Wilder I seem to remember was at the end of his career and on loan to us and didn't want to uproot his family, so you can't really argue that he never settled in Sussex as I don't think he even moved here in the first place.

Are Mark Lawrenson, Michael Robinson, Gordon Smith, Danny Wilson, Ian Baird, Warren Aspinall, Richie Barker, Kevin Bremner, Chris Cattlin, Jimmy Case, Terry Connor, Brian Horton and John Byrne included in the "all northern based players" category?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The only two in the players you mentioned above who have alluded to not settling in Brighton are Glenn Murray and Chris Wilder. Wilder I seem to remember was at the end of his career and on loan to us and didn't want to uproot his family, so you can't really argue that he never settled in Sussex as I don't think he even moved here in the first place.

Are Mark Lawrenson, Michael Robinson, Gordon Smith, Danny Wilson, Ian Baird, Warren Aspinall, Richie Barker, Kevin Bremner, Chris Cattlin, Jimmy Case, Terry Connor, Brian Horton and John Byrne included in the "all northern based players" category?

And of the current lot...

Alan Navarro, Elliott Bennett, Gary Dicker - all screaming to head back to the north.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And of the current lot...

Alan Navarro, Elliott Bennett, Gary Dicker - all screaming to head back to the north.

Well if Navarro starts this season like he did last season then there is room in my car...:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here