Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scouts at Watford

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Sat next to a fan who drove down from Yorkshire, said he parked next to Don Howe, ( anyone remember him ? ex Arsenal ) who told him he had come to the game to watch Bennett for Arsenal. Great thinking by Gus not to play him.
Incidentally my M O M was Dicker, would mark him 10 for 1st half , and 8 for the second,

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bridcutt was MOM for me - immense

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Don Howe you say ? Interesting he`s dead.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sat next to a fan who drove down from Yorkshire, said he parked next to Don Howe, ( anyone remember him ? ex Arsenal ) who told him he had come to the game to watch Bennett for Arsenal. Great thinking by Gus not to play him.
Incidentally my M O M was Dicker, would mark him 10 for 1st half , and 8 for the second,

You sure he didn't say Eddie Howe?

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
It's not usually difficult to find out which club they're scouting for as the tickets are often ordered by that club. Last season on the train from London Bridge to Charlton there was a Newcastle scout who as he was already their player was prepared to say he was on his way to see Lua-Lua and report back on his progress, but generally it's not easy to find out who they're watching. My MOM was Barnes as he played really well after taking a lot of shit on here.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
This is another vote for Dicker as 'man-of-the-match'. Bridcutt was awesome but Dicker just shaded it for me...How he can bring the ball under control and spot these passes which 99% of the time come off is nothing short of incredible. Also, he has an interesting tackling style which sees him winning the ball the majority of the time.

Going back to the scouts, as far as I am aware when a club team sends a scout to watch a player they are obliged to inform the club in question which player they are looking at...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Trevor Brooking was there dont ask me why .

My mate shagged Trevor Brooking daughter! I know this isn't relevant to the thread, but, didn't think it was worth starting a thread solely on the topic.
I have been patiently waiting for Trev's name to be mentioned so I could post it! There Done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here