Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scotty's take on BH&A

CamdenO

Feb 5, 2010
:bla:This is paraphrased, cos there's some irrelevant bits in between. These are his own words from the fantastic interview done with him by the Orientear fanzine.

"I remember it well! It was one of their last few games at the Goldstone with 10,000 fans there and it was packed. We came back from 2-0 down then Griff put us up 3-2.....during the celebration he did a 'gun salute' and a 'you're going down' moment, which riles the crowd up..........they pull it back to 3-3 then I ran straight down the middle, walked onto a cross and *bang* it's 4-3 within 30 seconds of them equalising. I did my somersault celebration which I was doing every now and then, and, as I landed, Griff tripped me up. All of a sudden there's a goot coming at me. I'm in the centre circle and there's this fan trying to boot me! There was one going for the ref, and Ray Wilkins clocks him one..........there were fans all over the pitch and I was shocked - I hadn't done anything I didn't normally do!........In the end they got a point and stayed up.
Since then I've become their cult hate figure because of the gun salute, even though I've told them on numerous occasions it wasn't me! Carl says it was Lee Hodges, but I think it was Griff! The abuse doesn't bother me; when I got taken off injured on Boxing Day they were all singing "Let him die" so I gave them a little bow. I score againt them more often than not, no matter who I'm playing for."

Horses mouth :O

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...what the hell is a 'goot'?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Wilkins didn't clock anyone he nearly had his foot twisted off.

McGleish clearly loves being a centre of attention when we play them, witness the drama when he was injured at the Withdean and the way he warmed up as close to us as he could to 'encourage' the reaction yesterday. Bit sad really, ADD. PG

CamdenO

Feb 5, 2010
TOTAL C++T Hearn I hate.

I think I love you. The man has raped and pillaged my club, and I wish every ill on him that you wish on Scotty.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Who are BH&A? :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This is the second or third time I've read about his good scoring record against us. Am I forgetting something really obvious, or is yesterday and the penalty last season the only times he has scored against us since that day?

According to Soccerbase (doesn't go further back than 96/97)

Appearances vs Brighton - 17 appearances for Northampton, Orient, Barnet, Wycombe and Colchester.

08-03-1997 Football League Two Brighton 4-4 Leyton Orient 1
26-08-1997 English League Cup Leyton Orient 3-1 Brighton 1
27-03-1999 Football League Two Brighton 0-1 Barnet 1
07-03-2009 Football League One Leyton Orient 2-1 Brighton 1
06-02-2010 Football League One Leyton Orient 1-1 Brighton 1

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pretty sure is was McGleish playing for Northampton at Withdean and whilst our players were admiring the clearance that one of our defenders had hoofed over the South Stand into the trees, he grabbed a ball and threw it in and Northampton scored whilst the Albion remained motionless, he may not have scored it but it was his quick thinking that led to the goal.. or did I imagine that?

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Pretty sure is was McGleish playing for Northampton at Withdean and whilst our players were admiring the clearance that one of our defenders had hoofed over the South Stand into the trees, he grabbed a ball and threw it in and Northampton scored whilst the Albion remained motionless, he may not have scored it but it was his quick thinking that led to the goal.. or did I imagine that?

No, it was the same game that the Cobblers keeper punched Whing who had to go to hospital.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here