Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scottish Football

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
Anybody know why Scottish football matches always finish before English matches?

Every time it seems E.Stirling comes in first on the vidiprinter, but why?

Is it because they only have 10 mins for half time?

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Maybe.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Its because the players don't winge to the ref after EVERY decision for 5 mins like the English leagues do !!

:)

Last edited:

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
s.stubbs said:
It's because the ref is so pissed off watching that dross that he blows his whistle 5 mins early:yawn:

Or all 539 in the crowd leave at 4.39 to catch the last 24b bus to Grenock :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
the might 'BEATH usually finish early...but thats just to get the racing cars onto the track quicker for the evenings entertainment :thumbsup:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
The Keeper said:
Anybody know why Scottish football matches always finish before English matches?

Every time it seems E.Stirling comes in first on the vidiprinter, but why?

Is it because they only have 10 mins for half time?
Usually because it`s so Cold the refs want a warm bath and to catch the full times on 5 live at 5pm.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Traditionally there was a only 10 minute break at half time as opposed to 15 down south. However all SPL games have 15 minute half-time breaks these days. I think in the SFL it's probably still 10 minutes.

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
Jambo Seagull said:
Traditionally there was a only 10 minute break at half time as opposed to 15 down south. However all SPL games have 15 minute half-time breaks these days. I think in the SFL it's probably still 10 minutes.

Thats what I thought, but after watching BBC final score on Saturday, quite a few English league games came in before a lot of Scottish div 3 ones ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here