Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scott McGleish's Goal Celebration

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Should have been sent off. Booked rightly for the celebration then he started mouth off to the ref about the card. Ref should have sent the prick off for that 2nd bookable for decent.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
saw it coming a mile away, knew he was going to be the one to score against us...it was painful

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Surely it was worse than Adebayor's celebration in front of the Arsenal fans after he scored for Man City

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Should have been sent off. Booked rightly for the celebration then he started mouth off to the ref about the card. Ref should have sent the prick off for that 2nd bookable for decent.

Should have been sent off straight away. Surely if ever there is a law on inciting opposing fans then McGleish had to go today. The man showed why we hate him so much. There are not many players I wish ill on but he is definitely top of the list.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Perhaps we could arrange for Mr McGleish to be on a tour bus when it is shot up by guerillas - certainly seems to have put Adebayor's life in perspective for him!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Did anyone read his interview in the Orient fanzine?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Having had to endure Scott MCGleish is a wanker for most of the game his goal celebration although not acceptable was understandable.

That's irrelevant. He is a footballer and he will have abuse at times but he has to accept it. His reaction was unacceptable and in my mind he had to be sent off today. Also, he brought it on himself with his reaction to his goal at the Goldstone.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
There is huge potential for an Albion player to become a legend in this - one single, over the top, ultra violent challenge on McGleish resulting in him being stretchered away to anonymity would propel the player to legendary status - the player that finally shut McGleish up.

D

Deleted member 2719

There is huge potential for an Albion player to become a legend in this - one single, over the top, ultra violent challenge on McGleish resulting in him being stretchered away to anonymity would propel the player to legendary status - the player that finally shut McGleish up.

Can i nominate Adam El abd for the job.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Normally I would slag you off for wishing injury on a player but in the case of McGleish I would whole heartedly agree. The guy deserves any injuries he gets.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Having seen McGleish been roundly jeered by the South Stand at Withdean when hobbling half the length of the pitch with his leg SERIOUSLY strapped up, I'd say he had every right to give a big :salute: to the Albion fans. What goes around, comes around. Besides he ALWAYS scores against us. Them's the rules.

Last edited:

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
McGleish turned his shirt round so his name and number were at the front and ran over to just in front of us and gave it large with the gestures!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here