Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scotland - home of monkey tennis

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I missed that joke. I was started on by a midget in Ayr, during the Scottish Grand National. Saved by the future Uncle-in-Law of the groom whose stag I was attending. A Scot defending an Englishman against a Scot on his own turf. They're not all bad.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Would Scotland eventually lose their Champs League coefficients if they kept performing poorly? Only fair to let another little country have a go.

They're about to plummet off the edge due to having a MASS of coefficient points from the year Rangers got to the UEFA final.

At the moment they're one place in the rankings off getting 2 CL places. On current form, they're going to drop to a level where their highest entering teams will be in the second round of the qualifiers...

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I think media coverage of scottish games is a relic of the days of football pools coupons whose games were a key component - but who does the football pools these days???

Lush

Mods' Pet
:lolol: marvellous.

What was quite HILARIO was the old delusional "ahn oor dee" comments from the Hearts fans on 5-Live before the match. On their "dee" they can beat anyone apparently. Not sure what date their dee is, but going by tonights performance, I'd say you're probably looking at some time in 2043. At best. And if its a 'Mondee' then unfortunately, the chances are they won't even be playing that dee anywee.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Easy 10 again."

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Scotland - professional football league, millions in TV revenue, supported by millions - no teams in the group stages

Ireland - semi-pro to pure amateur league, pennies in TV revenue, highest attendance in recent years of about 8000 at a vicious derby and teams chasing the title getting 600 at times - a team in the group stages

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Pat Nevin on Radio 5 just now saying all the best Scottish players are leaving their premier league and playing in The Championship or League One here. That's the problem he says. :facepalm:

Anyways, CMS has never been near the SPL has he ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Pat Nevin on Radio 5 just now saying all the best Scottish players are leaving their premier league and playing in The Championship or League One here. That's the problem he says. :facepalm:

Anyways, CMS has never been near the SPL has he ?

Remind me who the best Scottish players are again?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Darren Fletcher. Dear God: its worse than even we thought!

Well there is one rather classy one who started his career at Clyde and notched up over a 100 appearances for Killie. Perhaps you know him ? Beyond that and CMS I'm truly stumped.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It's all right you lot down here having a laugh at a distance but when I work offshore guess what form of sporting 'entertainment' I am subjected to every bloody night? :eek:

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
Willlie Gibson who played for Crawley in the Conference last season, now on loan to St Johnstone and scored a goal last Wednesday.
Fran Sandaza (remember him) scored the other two.
Say's alot for Scottish football!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here