Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scotland - home of monkey tennis

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Agree with the media thing. Far too much in the papers and SSN (but then as sky show live games they want to market that "product") but no one really gives a shit.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Cant the Scottish club sides have a tourney with the Welsh and Irish league sides ? I mean its still Europe for them isn`t it.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Incidentally, did anyone else notice that Spurs had both Friedel AND Cudicini on the bench?

Now either they're short on players to pad out the subs bench OR they fancied even a goalkeeper would hold his own as an outfield player against the jocko nobodies

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Incidentally, did anyone else notice that Spurs had both Friedel AND Cudicini on the bench?

Now either they're short on players to pad out the subs bench OR they fancied even a goalkeeper would hold his own as an outfield player against the jocko nobodies

Just to really take the piss, they shouldn't have bothered and started with, say, Jermaine Jenas in goal. Or Aaron Lennon. Or played rush goalies.

I still wouldn't have fancied Hearts' chances, but at least when they aimlessly hoofed the ball forwards, they might have got lucky and had one bounce over the goal-midget's head and in.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just one question.

What. In the name of FRIG. Does Craig Mackail-Smith think he's doing in associating himself with these jokers ?

Nothing good can ever come of it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just one question.

What. In the name of FRIG. Does Craig Mackail-Smith think he's doing in associating himself with these jokers ?

I forgot about poor Craig. It's arguably worse for him as he made that choice (although it says it all about their team that they were looking at English third division strikers). The very lovely Gordon Greer never had a chance in life, did he? Expect him to be linked with a call up soon if he carries on his current Championship form, as that already puts him about three levels above the majority of the MTL.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Just one question.

Aw come on. A cap's a cap. Can't really blame him.

Let him have his fun, he'll soon realise that friendlies against Liechtenstein are no match for full houses at the Amex against clubs people have heard of

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Rush goalies! YES.

Somebody write to Gordon Smith and tell him we can make his product interesting

That might make Graeme Smith look more competent too.

That said, I believe he actually is viewed as competent in the MTL. Nothing more needs to be said about the standard, does it?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just one question.

Because he hasn't got a great grand mother from San Marino so has made do with the next best?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just hope he doesn't somehow get infected with their rampant SHITNESS, thats all.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Oh f***, I hadn't even thought about Greer.

They're clearly going to come knocking. Have a look at their squad for the Denmark friendly, I genuinely wouldn't want ANY of those players over GG in the Albion back four

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I just hope he doesn't somehow get infected with their rampant SHITNESS, thats all.

Could we get him vaccinated? I do know they have a problem with midges in the summer, so I hope the Paisley Premier Inn supplies their international players with NETS to sleep under while they're attending pre-match training camps.

That and he has a contractual clause never to touch Irn Bru, Buckfast or anything from the Deep Fried Confectionery food group.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh f***, I hadn't even thought about Greer.

They're clearly going to come knocking. Have a look at their squad for the Denmark friendly, I genuinely wouldn't want ANY of those players over GG in the Albion back four

Phil Bardsley (Sunderland)
Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
Gary Caldwell (Wigan Athletic)
Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur)
Danny Wilson (Liverpool)
Steven Whittaker (Rangers)
Stephen Crainey (Blackpool)
Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers)

Two I've never even heard of, one can't get in the Spurs team that have just SPANGLED Hearts, Wilson is a Liverpool reserve, Crainey plays for Blackpool FFS, Berra made more mistakes than Rupert Murdoch in the last year, Bardsley is ugly and not even Scottish and Caldwell is about 102.

There's no Alan Hansens in there, that's for sure. Gordon, I'd keep your phone switched on if I was you. But don't hold off on booking your summer holidays for 2012.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Interesting thread this where the same 5 posters are going round and round in circles talking about something they apparently have no interest in.

Incidentally, Scotland is quite a small country population-wise, and its football league is accordingly not so good these days. Is talking about how bad it is really any different from the premiership fans who say League 1 is shit?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Interesting thread this where the same 5 posters are going round and round in circles talking about something they apparently have no interest in.

Incidentally, Scotland is quite a small country population-wise, and its football league is accordingly not so good these days. Is talking about how bad it is really any different from the premiership fans who say League 1 is shit?

There's always at least one FUN SPONGE knocking about on here at any given time isn't there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here