Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scientology

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
My only experience of this is of young women asking me to take a stress test on Tottenham Court road almost everytime I pass.

I've always suspected that they target the intelligent yet vunerable, but have no evidence to back this up.

However I read in the Evening Standard this evening that they are hovering around stations in London targeting the bereaved to join their organisation.

Anyone have got any views or experience of them or the religion - I'd be interested to hear.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very dangerous lot, had a set in Rottingdean when I lived there.

Will want you to contribute (handover) everything you own to them, not sure if they offer free sex as well.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
They used to knock around Duke St a few years back before they got the heave-ho.
I indulged the freaks once with their survey. They ask you loads of shite, promising that the "Dianetics" book will help you achieve inner peace & happiness.

So, the question, "If you could choose one thing to make you happy?" My answer was "Crystal Palace FC wiped off the face of the planet!"

The brainwashed clown didn't know what to do! :lolol:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I used to deliver to their castle in East Grinstead, they all seem a bit too happy for my likeing. They never put any pressure on me to join them but did ask me what I wanted out of life a few times. When I was there once though I did see an enrollment form - to enroll you had to sign up for 20000 years I think it was. something very stupid like that anyway. You also have to give them 60% of any money you earn!!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
What if you have nothing to hand over, would they still welcome you to their religion?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Gully said:
What if you have nothing to hand over, would they still welcome you to their religion?

More than likely

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gully said:

Yes because they'd make you work for them enrolling people who have money.

As said above, very dangerous.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Truely evil IMHO, they given real Christians a bad name. Tom Cruise is one as is John Revolting (sorry I meant Travolta). Cruise' beliefs are supposed to be the reason behind the failure of his marriage to Nickole Kidman.

A quite bizarre bunch formed by the late, falied Sci Fi writer, L Ron Hubbard. Anyone that has had the misery of watching Travolta in Battlefield earth, will already have suffered some of their founders great writings!

I just don't understand how a crap writer can create another fantasy and people (literally) buy in to it. But then why do fundamentalists beleive the pap that is churned out in their directiojn? I suppose they all go for the same type of weak minds.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
bhaexpress said:
Cruise' beliefs are supposed to be the reason behind the failure of his marriage to Nickole Kidman.

Funny, its widely thought in showbiz circles the reason the marriage failed is that Tom Cruise is GAY!

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I lived in East Grinstead for 20 odd years before moving to Hove 2 years ago and EG is riddled with Scientologists. Infact they own/run many of the shops in and around the town.

It's funny though, in all those years there I was never preached to, accosted by them on my door step or in the street.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Didn't realise till today Tom Cruise is one.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The one good thing about Scientology is that the fools that practice it don't put too much of a burden on the NHS.

It's quite true that you can die of stupidity.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
bhaexpress said:
The one good thing about Scientology is that the fools that practice it don't put too much of a burden on the NHS.

It's quite true that you can die of stupidity.

Ernest must be a Scientologist then :lolol: :lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Beach Hut said:
Ernest must be a Scientologist then :lolol: :lolol:

No he's stupid without a doubt but blames Dick Knight for the Scientologists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here