Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Science Vs Religion

Science or Religion

• Science

Votes: 47 75.8%
  • Religion

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • They're not mutually exclusive you know!

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
So how do you view yourself. Are you the rational scientific type or are you a religious spiritual person.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I don't believe anything that can't be explained scientifically.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ok then, how do you explain how a bee can fly?

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Believing in anything requires faith so they are not mutually exclusive. There are scientists who believe that science can prove the existence of God. Personally I believe what I want to believe depending on what mood I'm in.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Leftwingers these days are religous types. Political correctness is a form of silencing the Heretics from spouting blasphemey. Science invites Critisiscm to improve ideas.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I love the odd drop of science !!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm a bit of both by the way only because science could never explain how Frank Lampard got to be so handsome.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
I like science as i am more inclined to believe there is a scientific explanation for most things.

religion is not for me however if it helps some people so be it

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Is it a light I see before me? Yes, it's a light bulb. Powered by electricity, transported from power stations over the land in pylons.

Or I guess I could pray for the light, and sit in the dark. Hmmm. Tough choice. Science for me, I think.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Science all the way:

Adam & Eve ???

Evolution :thumbsup:

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
it just that the bible is a story book with morals

there are people out there who believe all the race came from adam and eve

that the ark had two of every animal

that moses parted the red sea

it is impossible and the people who wrote the bible knew that so why do people believe it to the letter.

scince explains away all these myths

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
It is possible to be a rational person and still be spiritual. I believe in the 'soul' and other things that science can't yet explain but I'm not religious.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Theres no difference.

Religion gives you the excuse to go out and kill as many people as possible who dont worship the exact same sky monkey. Science allows you to do it more efficiantly by inventing Nukes say...............

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Its all about faith.

At the end of the day, if you believe in something that gives you comfort when say a relative or friend dies or is seriously injured or terminally ill, then there is nothing wrong with that whatsoever. If you believe that a book provides moral guidance on how you would like to live your life or how you would treat or have other treat you, then fine.

If you believe that science explains the mysteries of how we came to be here or, how something as supremely complicated as the human body works then again fine.

Its very trendy and clever to rubbish religion and people who hold religious beliefs, because we have so much strife in the world that is caused in some way in the name of religion ( or your particular type of religion) and also religion tends to be a be and end all belief.

At the end of the day, when you die, you will find out if there is a God, unfortunately you won't be able to tell anyone about it, therefore as I said its a matter of faith.

It is interesting how many religions have the idea of a great crossing when you die...crossing of a great lake in Norse mythology, crossing into heaven ( or hell) in the Christian and Islamic religions. scientifically I suppose you could argue that as the brian shuts down, it releases chemicals that aid death...maybe that is what poeple are getting at.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I am firmly in the science camp. I get very annoyed by the harm religious belief does. e.g

The pope prohibiting contraception.

President Bush withdrawing aid from aid organsations because they offer abortion advice.

Islamists flying planes into buildings

Hindu's burning alive muslims because of a dispute over the site of a religious building

Zionists driving people from their homes and taking their land

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Faith eh? George Michael did that song but he likes men and God frowns upon that. How does that work?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here