Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

School bans boy over Jordan work

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
The work included topless photos of Jordan taken from the internet
A 14-year-old Hertfordshire student has been suspended from school for using topless pictures of the model Jordan in an English project, his family say.
His father, Keith Petchey, has accused the authorities of over-reacting.

James Petchey chose Jordan as the topic of his English project at Cavendish Comprehensive in Hemel Hempstead.

He claims his teachers suspended him for 24 hours after he handed in the work. The education authority said it was an appropriate punishment

James chose Jordan as his subject after being handed the task of searching the internet to find facts about his favourite celebrity.

His father Keith said this punishment was over-the-top and draconian.

"At no point was he told Jordan was an inappropriate topic and I'd rather he was researching her than gangsta rap artists," he said.

A Hertfordshire County Council education department spokeswoman said: "It was an appropriate punishment.

"Pupils are well aware that it is not allowed to download pictures of this nature and particularly not to include them in schoolwork.

"There is, of course, a firewall on the school computers but some things do occasionally slip through the net."

bit over the friggin top isnt it

:nono:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Hardly appropriate for a school project!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
caz99 said:

"There is, of course, a firewall on the school computers but some things do occasionally slip through the net."

They need reeducation in technical terms. A FIREWALL drops invalid packets - e.g. hack attempts, trojans, etc. Can be configured to lock off MSN, IRC, Kazaa and the like

A PROXY blocks "in appropriate content". Different thing entirely, usually can't be run on the same machine even.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Re: Re: School bans boy over Jordan work

MYOB said:
They need reeducation in technical terms. A FIREWALL drops invalid packets - e.g. hack attempts, trojans, etc. Can be configured to lock off MSN, IRC, Kazaa and the like

A PROXY blocks "in appropriate content". Different thing entirely, usually can't be run on the same machine even.
:jester:

MYOB said:

f*** off.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
FFS, what is the education system coming to?

'Do a project on your favourite celebrity using the Internet'.

**** off! Do some proper ****ing work! Learn something useful, enlightening and challenging. At 14 years old he shouldn't be doing crap like this. Never mind suspending the lad, the bloody teacher(s) should resign in shame.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

MYOB said:

You know how to chat up a lady.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Now if he was gay and did a project involving nudes of men he'd get an A.

Political Correctness ya see.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Cereal Killer said:
Yeh, even stuff like Proxy still breaks through, we have Bess on our schools computer and I can get on bluebrazil.com steakandcheese.com as well as other. Cant get on here though:(

Thats because you're school is using a crap proxy - most of the ones that cost less than 100 quid a year a client seat are shite. The only one that works well is Websense and it works too damn well for its own good - NSC is blocked in many Websense installs!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
MYOB said:
Thats because you're school is using a crap proxy - most of the ones that cost less than 100 quid a year a client seat are shite. The only one that works well is Websense and it works too damn well for its own good - NSC is blocked in many Websense installs!

Shall we go back to mine or yours?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

MYOB said:

I disagree. My pre-beta WUNkah X3.7 interfaces with a terra-glopbyte-linked 8XS felcher, run in tandem proxy bi-duplo looped parallux continuum with a 200bpm, 8-stream, 4-skin MuCUS system. I think you'll find that much "more" effective.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Re: Re: Re: School bans boy over Jordan work

bhafc99 said:
I disagree. My pre-beta WUNkah X3.7 interfaces with a terra-glopbyte-linked 8XS felcher, run in tandem proxy bi-duplo looped parallux continuum with a 200bpm, 8-stream, 4-skin MuCUS system. I think you'll find that much "more" effective.

Bugger off :lolol:

Jul 20, 2003
fatboy said:
Hardly appropriate for a school project!

not in a world where every other undergraduate seems to be doing their degree on football or 'media studies'

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Re: Re: Re: Re: School bans boy over Jordan work

MYOB said:
Bugger off :lolol:

Just having a laugh cos I'm bored at work!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
looney said:
Now if he was gay and did a project involving nudes of men he'd get an A.

Political Correctness ya see.

no.all the teachers would get very embarrassed and not know what to do

they take him to one side..and say, look, we are very proud of you..whatever you choose to,erm, choose to, follow as our lifestyle orientation

then make him watch some dodgy 80s PSE video about it,where everyone looks like they are out of bucks fizz

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
bigc said:
no.all the teachers would get very embarrassed and not know what to do

they take him to one side..and say, look, we are very proud of you..whatever you choose to,erm, choose to, follow as our lifestyle orientation

then make him watch some dodgy 80s PSE video about it,where everyone looks like they are out of bucks fizz

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
caz99 said:
The work included topless photos of Jordan taken from the internet
A 14-year-old Hertfordshire student has been suspended from school for using topless pictures of the model Jordan in an English project, his family say.
His father, Keith Petchey, has accused the authorities of over-reacting.

James Petchey chose Jordan as the topic of his English project at Cavendish Comprehensive in Hemel Hempstead.

He claims his teachers suspended him for 24 hours after he handed in the work. The education authority said it was an appropriate punishment

James chose Jordan as his subject after being handed the task of searching the internet to find facts about his favourite celebrity.

His father Keith said this punishment was over-the-top and draconian.

"At no point was he told Jordan was an inappropriate topic and I'd rather he was researching her than gangsta rap artists," he said.

A Hertfordshire County Council education department spokeswoman said: "It was an appropriate punishment.

"Pupils are well aware that it is not allowed to download pictures of this nature and particularly not to include them in schoolwork.

bit over the friggin top isnt it

THIS type of thing is why i find you annoying, treacle.

It's about Jordan AGAIN.
Copy and pasted article AGAIN.
RIDICULOUS sentiment at the end AGAIN.

You think putting a topless model in a 14 year old's coursework is appropriate or that a suspension for ONE day is too harsh?!

I am sure there are plenty of pictures of Jordan clothed which could have been used. Still, at least if the school could have allowed it, people could have whinged that standards were dropping.

DAILY MAIL anyone?..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here