Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SCCC breaking the law with short measures?

Did anyone else get ripped off yesterday at the 20/20 (other than the ticket price!) by being given less beer than the pricelist displayed?

I bought 2 pints from the wilbury bar, noticed that one plastic glass was taller than the other. On inspection, 1 had a line for 1 pint and the other 500ml, a good 68 ml short. Call me anal, but when displaying £3.20 per pint on the bar and then serving from 500 ml glasses for the rest of the night, surely they are breaking the weights & measaures act?

More to the point, when charging that amount for a pint anyway, it seems like the are sneakily taking the piss by doing customers out of 12% of their pint. I pointed it out to the bar staff, who then ignored my point and asked whether I wanted the beer or not.:rant::drink:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Did anyone else get ripped off yesterday at the 20/20 (other than the ticket price!) by being given less beer than the pricelist displayed?

I bought 2 pints from the wilbury bar, noticed that one plastic glass was taller than the other. On inspection, 1 had a line for 1 pint and the other 500ml, a good 68 ml short. Call me anal, but when displaying £3.20 per pint on the bar and then serving from 500 ml glasses for the rest of the night, surely they are breaking the weights & measaures act?

More to the point, when charging that amount for a pint anyway, it seems like the are sneakily taking the piss by doing customers out of 12% of their pint. I pointed it out to the bar staff, who then ignored my point and asked whether I wanted the beer or not.:rant::drink:

anal

barney

Jul 31, 2006
you should have got them to fill two and a three quarter shot glasses with beer to make up the pint

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
You have been ripped off, if you are that distraught about the whole experience then you should complain formally to the club or alternatively contact Trading Standards.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
You have been ripped off, if you are that distraught about the whole experience then you should complain formally to the club or alternatively contact Trading Standards.

Yep because the club really need to be fined for breaching the Weights and Mesures Act. A word to the manager should sort it out. If not bomb the bastards.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
definately not anal and definatly illegal. if the bar staff dont retify i would certainly ask for the manager, how im sure would want it drawn to his attention rather than having fines etc. they can sell 1/2 pint if displayed/priced accordingly.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
they also put weights in the bottom of your pick and mix bag - £6 for a few penny sweets - SAKE :rant:

That place is without doubt the biggest RIP-OFF in Brighton and Hove.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
bought 8 tickets in person at the club shop and got charged £1.50 per ticket (£12) for using a debit card, (i didn't have time to go and get cash)

£3.20 for a plastic cup of warm lager

£2.50 for a tray of chips

£4.50 for a pork roll

£1.50 for a paper cup of black coffee (no sugar)

and in the case of last Friday, a half hour queue for the toilets.

OK, we're all adults and we don't have to buy the food and drink if we think it's a rip off but it stinks of "we'll charge what we like because most of em will give in and pay it" but now they're crying like babies because last night was 2,500 down on Friday. I for one am going to fewer games than ever now

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
bought 8 tickets in person at the club shop and got charged £1.50 per ticket (£12) for using a debit card, (i didn't have time to go and get cash)

£4.50 for a pork roll

OK, we're all adults and we don't have to buy the food and drink if we think it's a rip off but it stinks of "we'll charge what we like because most of em will give in and pay it" but now they're crying like babies because last night was 2,500 down on Friday. I for one am going to fewer games than ever now

Or become a member and just go to championship and 50 over games! Free to get in, and Harveys is £2.80, in glass glasses, and you get a comfy seat in the Jim Parks bar.

It's my strategy, and I'm sticking to it, despite what Gus Mackay wants!

Or become a member and just go to championship and 50 over games! Free to get in, and Harveys is £2.80, in glass glasses, and you get a comfy seat in the Jim Parks bar.

It's my strategy, and I'm sticking to it, despite what Gus Mackay wants!

me too and I can't be bothered to pay nearly 50p an over for a ticket for this 20/20 rubbish.

Its too short
Its too expensive
and
we're shit:bigwave:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing

£4.50 for a pork roll

I imagine winning the odd Twenty20 match might help bring the crowds in more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here