Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scam in the Brighton area

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Just thought that I would pass on details of a scam currently circulating around Brighton

Good Morning,

I have recently been made aware of the following scam that is currently circulating around Brighton that I believe you should all be made aware of:-

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a premium rate number).

DO NOT call this number as this is a mail scam originating from Belize.

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £315 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud

Please feel free to pass this on to friends and family,

Kind Regards,

Kate Mitchell
Police Community Support Officer
Brighton & Hove Division
East NPT
Moulsecoomb
Telephone: 0845 60 70 999 Ext. 27369
Mobile: 07766 504233
Sussex Police Online - www.sussex.police.uk

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
It's not the only scam going on in Brighton. I've heard about one involving 20 young men, lead by a couple of shady South Americans, who have been masquerading as a professional 3rd division football team and scamming several thousand people into paying £25 to watch them.

This has put the fear of god into me...

It's not the only scam going on in Brighton. I've heard about one involving 20 young men, lead by a couple of shady South Americans, who have been masquerading as a professional 3rd division football team and scamming several thousand people into paying £25 to watch them.

Naughty but nice.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

:down:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
There is a particularly nasty scam going on at the moment known as the ASDA/WALLMART Scam. Please be careful.

I don't how many of you shop at ASDA/WALLMART, but this may be useful to know. I have become a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. This happened to me and it could happen to you.

Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking 18-year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping away. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy t-shirts. It is impossible not to look. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' and instead ask you for a ride to another store. You agree and they get in the back seat. On the way, they start having sex with each other. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and performs oral sex on you, while the other one steals your wallet. I had my wallet stolen last Tuesday, Wednesday, twice on Thursday, again on Saturday, yesterday, and most likely again tomorrow.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Am no expert on these things but we were passed details of the Belize
one a couple of weeks back at work, in an official capacity, so am
slightly more inclined to believe it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
is this a real warning or a hoax itself? i recall theres a limit on charges payable to premium numbers, in the order of £3/min or so.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
If you read it properly, you'll see that while Snopes says "true", they go on to explain that the scam itself was sorted out back in 2005. Since then, all reports are just tiresome repetitions of a situation that no longer exists!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sweet :thumbsup:

Never trust the OB, I say :lolol:

D

Deleted User X18H

There is a particularly nasty scam going on at the moment known as the ASDA/WALLMART Scam. Please be careful.

I don't how many of you shop at ASDA/WALLMART, but this may be useful to know. I have become a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. This happened to me and it could happen to you.

Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking 18-year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping away. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy t-shirts. It is impossible not to look. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' and instead ask you for a ride to another store. You agree and they get in the back seat. On the way, they start having sex with each other. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and performs oral sex on you, while the other one steals your wallet. I had my wallet stolen last Tuesday, Wednesday, twice on Thursday, again on Saturday, yesterday, and most likely again tomorrow.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here