Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sc And Reading

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
After all Madjeski's fussing over Pardew he would be the ultimate hypocrite if he tried to steal Coppell from us.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It would depend what SC's contract says, and how they approached him (i.e. through Dick Knight first).

Last edited:

It would only be hypocrisy if he didn't go through your chairman "Penniless" Dick Knight, and abide by it if Knight says no.

I must admit, Coppel's not my first choice. But if it came down to him or Tony Adams then Stevie's my man.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Reading (when in doubt look to Brighton for salvation), can f right off.

You're on the downward slide again Whitley, hope you enjoyed the dizzy heights. This scenario is, of course, based on the assumption that you don't get SC :D

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
WhitleyDennis said:
I must admit, Coppel's not my first choice

Listen to yourself!!
Ha, who is then? I think Reading have ideas above their station.You could do no better than to get him.It's time for you boys to come back down to Earth methinks,too long at the dizzy heights.

Your 15 minutes of fame are over

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Looks like adams will be favourite and in my eyes thats a very bad thing as adams needs to start at the bottom leagues.:lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Times said SC was favourite for the Reading job today :( :(

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Sky Sports have reported that Peter Taylor has turned down the Reading job

Yorkie said:
Sky Sports have reported that Peter Taylor has turned down the Reading job

Not quite.

Taylor turned down the chance to be INTERVIEWED for the job.

Brixtaan said:
Listen to yourself!!
Ha, who is then? I think Reading have ideas above their station.You could do no better than to get him.It's time for you boys to come back down to Earth methinks,too long at the dizzy heights.

Your 15 minutes of fame are over

I'm listening to myself. And I'm telling myself...Kevin Dillon (but I wouldn't mind Steve Cotterill).

Must dash. Got a long way to climb back up...:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
WhitleyDennis said:
Not quite.

Taylor turned down the chance to be INTERVIEWED for the job.

This is the exact wording

READING SNUBBED BY TAYLOR
Wednesday 24th September 2003

Taylor: staying put

Hull manager Peter Taylor has snubbed an approach from Reading to take over at the Madejski Stadium.

The Royals turned to the former England manager after Alan Pardew was given the all-clear in the High Court to succeed Glenn Roeder at First Division rivals West Ham.

But Taylor, who has steered the Tigers to second place in Division Three, has instead committed himself to the KC Stadium.

Hull chairman Adam Pearson revealed in a statement: "Following a brief discussion with myself, Peter was very clear in his decision that he did not want to pursue the opportunity.

"He is extremely focused on the job he has started so encouragingly at Hull City and is determined to see the job through to a successful conclusion.

"Peter was flattered a successful club such as Reading wanted to pursue their interest in him but is very clear his foreseeable future is with Hull City Football Club.

"He is also determined to take the club to the higher echelons of the Football League where we all believe is should be.
"I am obviously delighted Peter has shown such loyalty and commitment to the club at a particularly important period in Hull City's redevelopment and I really look forward to working with him for many seasons to come."
Former England and Arsenal captain Tony Adams and Glenn Hoddle, sacked by Tottenham over the weekend, have emerged as early candidates for the Reading post.

I did no such thing, berk.

And, as I said, he's NOT my first choice.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
WhitleyDennis said:
I did no such thing, berk.

And, as I said, he's NOT my first choice.

Yeah but your 1st choice doesn't come into it:p :drink:
The interesting thing is that pardew took a huge pay cut and yet you have spent 1 million on 2 players and i put money your next manager will get more than pardew did.

Pards all though a tosser has done the right thing and you should all realise that.:smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here