Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Save Stirling Albion

MIFTHEBINO

Oct 31, 2006
Hi all,

You have maybe read a bit of the media coverage about our campaign to save my wee club Stirling Albion. If not, then here is a link to one of the articles-

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06052009/63/...ing-albion.html

http://www.itv.com/Sport/Football/News/Gen...-723318618.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/taysid...ral/8035661.stm

Our club is going to fold if we dont do something and we are trying to get as many "real" football fans signed up to our campaign as possible. We need you guys who are as equally passionate about your team as we are at our wee club to sign up- I am sure you couldn't imagine life without Brighton to watch on a Saturday- we are the same at Stirling.

We basically have the begging bowl out to fans of all clubs to help us save our club.

Our current chairman has been in charge for over 25 years and has brought us to the brink of financial collapse. If sucessful, we aim to never be in debt again and involve the local communty to try and build a decent support in years to come.

We are hoping that fans in England might adopt us as a second team and take an interest in our wee club.

For your £40 investment, you would have a real say in the running of our club, but note, this is not like the Ebbsfleet model thats been done before. We will return your money if we are unsucessful at taking over our club (see our terms and conditions). Any businesses can also help and there is details on the website as well.

To read more about our plans, please visit Buy Stirling Albion FC - Homepage

Thanks for reading.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I wish you luck but £40 is a bit steep for me I'm afraid.

I fear that we're going to see a lot more of these posts over the coming few years.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Like Gwylan I wish you all the best and I hope it all works out for you. But cannot afford £40 at the moment.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
We have a proud record of protesting against wrongdoings at football clubs, not just our own, and our only wish is that fans have a team...their team...to support.

There are quite a few Brighton fans living in Scotland, they go under the name BHAlbas...I am pretty sure that some of them live in your area...they may be willing to get involved if you have a game where you invite fans along from other teams to help ease your plight.

Keep an eye out for them on here, hopefully one of them will read this thread and make contact, all the very best in your efforts to save another Albion from disaster.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
i'll be signing up. used to live in stirling and had a few seasons in the late 80's of following the beano's home and away.

there are a couple of brighton links for them that would like to do a search..

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
Was brought up just outside Stirling and my first experience of live football was at Annfield. My dad still goes to watch a few games a season as he still lives up there.

It is a shocking state of affairs as most people no doubt still jump on the bigots bandwagon or claim to support some premiershite team. Don't be fooled - football as we know it in the UK is dying.

Good luck!

MIFTHEBINO

Oct 31, 2006
For those that cant pay £40, you are able to make a small donation on that website now. We have just put a "donation" button on there. Every penny would be gratefully received and would all go towards us buying and saving our club.

We have a proud record of protesting against wrongdoings at football clubs, not just our own, and our only wish is that fans have a team...their team...to support.

There are quite a few Brighton fans living in Scotland, they go under the name BHAlbas...I am pretty sure that some of them live in your area...they may be willing to get involved if you have a game where you invite fans along from other teams to help ease your plight.

Keep an eye out for them on here, hopefully one of them will read this thread and make contact, all the very best in your efforts to save another Albion from disaster.

Many thanks for the advice, I will keep an eye out.

king Wombat- Fantastic mate, greatly appreciated.

Slough Seagull- Thanks for the kind words mate, I am sure your dad will be signing up. Every single membership will make a huge difference to us.

PS.Long live the Albion's!!

Last edited:

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
I'll try and scrape some Pence together i should be getting some money today or tomorrow :)

but about as a 2nd team sorry but that's spots been talking by East Stirling :)

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I think peoples spare cash would be better off going to REMF.

Keep an eye out for them on here, hopefully one of them will read this thread and make contact

Yeah, but some of us are Wasps!

Nevertheless, I'm thinking of signing up - it will depend how well off I am feeling next month.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just donated £2 via the donation button (lucky that I have a paypal account already):thumbsup:
Although it says £10 as the amount to donate you can change this to what you can afford.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yeah, but some of us are Wasps!

Nevertheless, I'm thinking of signing up - it will depend how well off I am feeling next month.

I didn't think that really mattered outside Glasgow, if I get your drift, speaking of which...if I lived there I would be a spider!

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
For those that cant pay £40, you are able to make a small donation on that website now. We have just put a "donation" button on there. Every penny would be gratefully received and would all go towards us buying and saving our club.

Many thanks for the advice, I will keep an eye out.

king Wombat- Fantastic mate, greatly appreciated.

Slough Seagull- Thanks for the kind words mate, I am sure your dad will be signing up. Every single membership will make a huge difference to us.

PS.Long live the Albion's!!

No worries - will get a donation sorted next week when I get paid! Have some great memories of the Binos...

MIFTHEBINO

Oct 31, 2006
Thanks guys. There has been a few Alloa fans who have signed up, which is an amazing gesture.

seagullsovergrimsby- thanks for the donation, every £ counts.

We have had a great response from the people on this forum and it's greatly appreciated.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
You think there are no local rivalries outside Glasgow? Are you mad?!

I spent three years living in Edinburgh, following the Jambos, I know just a little about local rivalry in Scottish football!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here