[Albion] Saturday’s goals from different ANGELS

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Does it have the Aziraphale view?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It is quite extraordinary just how shockingly bad the United defending is for each of those goals.

I honestly don't think any Albion player, for the entire remainder of the season, will be afforded as much time and space in the penalty area as Danny Welbeck for the first goal and Joao Pedro for the second.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Love the flag waving by Veltman.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
And through it all, the defence offered us protection

i have a lot of love and affection for pedro

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
First goal ... Casemiro at fault for leaving Welbeck so much space? Initially hung back on the edge of the box, late to react to Mitoma retrieving and being able to re-cross, and when he did react he went to the near post area and left the far post wide open. He was in the best position to be able to do something about stopping that and fluffed it.

Second goal ... entire Man U set up in the box. They all drifted towards the centre and what became the near post after the initial corner, which meant there was no one covering the far post and I don't think I saw any of them even try to glance over their shoulders to see if there was danger behind them.

Really shoddy defending all around. First time from an individual, second time from the squad as a whole.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
First goal ... Casemiro at fault for leaving Welbeck so much space? Initially hung back on the edge of the box, late to react to Mitoma retrieving and being able to re-cross, and when he did react he went to the near post area and left the far post wide open. He was in the best position to be able to do something about stopping that and fluffed it.

Second goal ... entire Man U set up in the box. They all drifted towards the centre and what became the near post after the initial corner, which meant there was no one covering the far post and I don't think I saw any of them even try to glance over their shoulders to see if there was danger behind them.

Really shoddy defending all around. First time from an individual, second time from the squad as a whole.
First goal I have to agree with the MotD analysis in that Martinez picks up the wrong player and Slabs should have cut both balls out. Plus Dalot, who was generally excellent, just stands off Pedro and gives him time to cross.

Second goal it's like watching moths get attracted to a light. A three man back stick overload thanks to absolute Keystone Cops marking from Utd.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Love this pic of the 2nd goal... all those Man Utd players just staring in disbelief at how useless they have been!

1724755231049.png

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
First goal I have to agree with the MotD analysis
Haven't seen it this weekend. Just struck me watching those vids, that 18 shirt a) did nothing on the edge of the box for too long, and b) having stayed there had visibility of the potential risk areas once the ball got to Mitoma and for me made completely the wrong decision - ran into an area already covered when he could have been moving to put pressure on Welbeck.

Probably right that others need to shoulder blame, though, in the earlier build up.

Second goal it's like watching moths get attracted to a light. A three man back stick overload thanks to absolute Keystone Cops marking from Utd.

Yup. The player (only 1, mind) who had been in a position to cover that area vacated it as soon as he saw the initial corner sail over the top and dashed off down the field hoping for a break away. The rest of them all ball-watched and just left the real danger area completely uncovered.

Reminded me of when I used to help out with kids football a few years back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here