Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday - a view from brightonfans.com

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
"Not our best, but it's a battling point

Four games in, unbeaten, surely we can't moan?

Boy, we have high standards these days! :smug: Which is FANTASTIC, high standards mean high expectations and keen anticipation as a supporter.

I don't think we started with our best 11 today but I admire Mickey for staying loyal to the players who won it at Southend. It was a sterile first 45, but Micky went for broke in the second half. We actually looked more likely to lose the game in the second half, but Micky responded to the crowd's desire to give it a go.

And give it a go we did, with two more attacking wide players, it didn't quite work although you wouldn't back Fozzie at the end to miss such a sitter every game!

Livermore is a big question mark. I hoped he would add some kind of George O'Callaghan control to our midfield but he looks a battler struggling for his legs. Is he really a better option than our young battlers like Fraser, hard to say.

Dean Cox, I really like as a player. But he doesn't quite have the footballing intelligence to match his precocious talent, too much is expected from him at this stage, but managed well, he'll be excellent for us this year.

All in all, I think this had been a fine August for Adams and the team. Sure, it's a bit annoying that we've had our best performances away, but the fans must stay patient and back the Adams evolution.

I'm actually more confident than I was at the start of the season, we are just 1 or 2 good loan players away from murdering this division, even not at top gear we are among the top teams - a very exciting season ahead! "

Guess who...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I did not agree with his earlier contribution about Adams being in tune with what the fans want. I sometimes think people are getting a bit carried away with Adams and his sexy football.

I seem to remember we were quite solid, pragmatic and simply fed Zamora.

Dandyman

In London village.

Boy, we have high standards these days! :smug: Which is FANTASTIC, high standards mean high expectations and keen anticipation as a supporter.

I don't think we started with our best 11 today but I admire Mickey for staying loyal to the players who won it at Southend. It was a sterile first 45, but Micky went for broke in the second half. We actually looked more likely to lose the game in the second half, but Micky responded to the crowd's desire to give it a go.

And give it a go we did, with two more attacking wide players, it didn't quite work although you wouldn't back Fozzie at the end to miss such a sitter every game!

Livermore is a big question mark. I hoped he would add some kind of George O'Callaghan control to our midfield but he looks a battler struggling for his legs. Is he really a better option than our young battlers like Fraser, hard to say.

Dean Cox, I really like as a player. But he doesn't quite have the footballing intelligence to match his precocious talent, too much is expected from him at this stage, but managed well, he'll be excellent for us this year.

All in all, I think this had been a fine August for Adams and the team. Sure, it's a bit annoying that we've had our best performances away, but the fans must stay patient and back the Adams evolution.

I'm actually more confident than I was at the start of the season, we are just 1 or 2 good loan players away from murdering this division, even not at top gear we are among the top teams - a very exciting season ahead! "

Guess who...

So what is the problem with what he has to say exactly? Bit too positive for you?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I did not agree with his earlier contribution about Adams being in tune with what the fans want. I sometimes think people are getting a bit carried away with Adams and his sexy football.

I seem to remember we were quite solid, pragmatic and simply fed Zamora.

That's exactly right. Adams's plan is to make sure we have a solid defence and build from that. With Zamora he unearthed a big golden nugget and he quickly realised that he could get us promoted virtually on his own - so he made sure he had people that could supply the ammo for BZ (Watson, Brooker and Carpenter mainly). This time around he's doing something similar with Murray and Forster - but the problem is that the quality of the crosses (McLeod excepted) is weak. We really could have done with Currie.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
LI thinks through what he writes and even if you don't agree with it it beats the shit out of most of the knee jerk reactions on here after every game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Guess who...

That'll be the ridiculous buffoon that knows lots and lots about words and how to spin them out to the nearest thousand words, and at the same time knows f*** all in terms of analysis of the football he's watching. He can fool some of the people all of the time. But only on brightonfans.com.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here