Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sarasota/Bradentown...anyone?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
From reading many posts on here in the past it seems that your a well travelled bunch so i was wondering if anyone has stayed around or been to the sarasota and bradentown areas of Florida??

im off there with the gf in a few months and we have a villa around 15 minutes drive from these places. We are their for 16 days and are planning on going to Orlando for two of them and maybe a day in Tampa but as these two are our nearest towns im just wondering if anybody could send on some ideas/reccomendations.

cheers

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
not been there, but if you need any flights, although expect you already booked up PM me as got good contacts in travel.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
not been there, but if you need any flights, although expect you already booked up PM me as got good contacts in travel.

cheers for that but i managed to get flights from gatwick for £230 each return few months back which is pretty decent prices.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Have stayed in Sarasota half a dozen times and will be back there after Easter. It's a superb city and so different from Orlando etc. All the following are Sarasota:

What sort of thing are you interested in? Also get hold of the Eye witness guide to Florida (DK books) will give you a good feel for the regular tourist places.

Drumming on the beach at sunset on Sunday's is worth being part of (take something to make a noise)
Great second hand book shops and galleries
Lots of lovely places to eat off the beaten path
Kayaking in the mangroves with a marine biologist from the research centre is amazing
Saturday morning market is charming
See some baseball in Tampa - The Rays won the league last year
Busch Gardens (big rides) is as good as Orlando by all accounts
Dolphins and manatees (if you are lucky) in the water, so hire a boat and find a secret beach.
Collect ancient sharks teeth on the beaches

Kind of depends what you like.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Rays take on the Yankees whilst we there (end July)..tickets at $16 each ..well worth it.

Long run to Orlando..suggest staying at a Motel for the days at the big O!!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
ahhh yes the baseball in tampa. we are looking to see a game but last time i checked you couldnt book single game tickets yet,has this changed? iv only been on their official website. i have done a fair bit of research on the area and sarasota looks really nice and the beaches look decent too. We are there june 6th-23rd so hopefully weather should be ok aswell?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
ahhh yes the baseball in tampa. we are looking to see a game but last time i checked you couldnt book single game tickets yet,has this changed? iv only been on their official website. i have done a fair bit of research on the area and sarasota looks really nice and the beaches look decent too. We are there june 6th-23rd so hopefully weather should be ok aswell?

Yes you can book online but do it now....

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Tickets for this season only just released. You can easily get tickets to single games - it's worth splashing out if you haven't been before to get seats close to the action.

Here are my two on a quite day last year:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Tickets for this season only just released. You can easily get tickets to single games - it's worth splashing out if you haven't been before to get seats close to the action.

Here are my two at a game last year. Sitting right behind the plate. We caught a ball during this game.

Attachments

• DSC00364.JPG
    DSC00364.JPG
    534.2 KB · Views: 70

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
It can get quite dear there when you can sit right over the plate on the Upper Tier at 16 dollies a bash..

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
In laws have a villa at Waterlefe Golf and River Club just outside Bradenton. From memory not much to do in Bradenton. Take a boat trip round Sarasota Bay if you like celeb spotting. From memory you pass the the homes of lead singer of AC/DC and Jerry Springer, you won't fail to miss it as it is pink!
Also went to some fish restraunt can't remember the name at the moment. It came to £200 a head for 3 courses!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
just booked 2 tickets for a baseball match,$10 a piece,right up high so hoping it will be a good view,who knows. shame its not football season as i would love to have seen a game out there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here