Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sarah Palin

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Does anyone seriously think this woman is a political heavyweight or just another chancer ?

I actually think she could well be the First Lady President of the USA as clearly the Obama administration is not going that well.

Also I think she has been badly treated by the press over the recent shootings, as tragic as they were to points score of her as the cause of it was pretty poor in my view.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
.............for anyone slightly to the right of Atilla the Hun she must be an attractive proposition and for Middle America, which will never get over electing a black president, even a woman is preferable

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There's smart Republicans, and dumb Republicans, and she is definitely in the latter category.

The idea of the most powerful person in the world not even having a passport until a couple of years ago is very disturbing.

She would be totally out of her depth in relation to financial, economic, social, defence and international issues.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Without wanting to go off on a tangent of what is an important political issue in America, I just cant decide if I fancy her or not?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nasty piece of work, too jingoistic and manipulative plus ignorant on foreign affairs, she's a shoe in

Geo

Oct 18, 2010
Heathfield
I would seriously hope not. Would be the worst possible outcome for the world and for peace. Also has a big right wing mouth that foot seems to find its way easily into!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
better hide the red button

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Dangerous right wing nut job spouting the usual god fearing spiel to the inbred masses of the southern bible belt & redneck bigots. The worrying thing is, *some* yanks are stupid enough to vote for her.

Given the volatile mentality of *some* American minds, 'her gun-sight target's' against rival politicians was tasteless & irresponsible. She deserves all the negative publicity - Although everytime she opens her mouth, she's an easy target for the media in any case. Her persistent paranoid & spiteful rants against Obama border on obsessive.

The thought some backwards hillbilly from Alaska could potentially be leader of the so called superpower of the western world is a scary thought.

Palin is George Bush in a skirt. Some of her outbursts make Bush seem almost intelectial.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Does anyone seriously think this woman is a political heavyweight or just another chancer ?

I actually think she could well be the First Lady President of the USA as clearly the Obama administration is not going that well.

Also I think she has been badly treated by the press over the recent shootings, as tragic as they were to points score of her as the cause of it was pretty poor in my view.

I'll finally abandon any remaining hopes I had for civilisation if that woman gets elected.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Interesting as most seem about where I am with her however a large majority of the USA electorate are very stupid which worries me.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

In American politics, what is the difference?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Without wanting to go off on a tangent of what is an important political issue in America, I just cant decide if I fancy her or not?

Obviously a misplaced post in what is a heavyweight political Sunday discussion.

For the record
There's smart Republicans, and dumb Republicans, and she is definitely in the latter category.

The idea of the most powerful person in the world not even having a passport until a couple of years ago is very disturbing.

She would be totally out of her depth in relation to financial, economic, social, defence and international issues.

This!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
She seems to be a complete idiot, unless we're only shown the gaffs. But personally I think she is barmy, but who never know who is backing her, really pulling the strings. My brother lives over there and is incredulous as to how anyone takes her seriously at all. I guess you could almost draw a parallel with Boris, if you only saw clips of him on HIGNFY or wherever, he would seem less than intelligent, but he is no lightweght.

Personally, I think if she ever got to be pres, we'd be pretty fecked. She'd probably declare war on Rhode Island.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I put her in the same category as the religous extremist nutters running parts of the middle east.

The world is getting ever more polarised, it's only a matter of time before a religous bigot gets elected in the US to balance out those in the Islamic world

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Interesting as most seem about where I am with her however a large majority of the USA electorate are very stupid which worries me.

That is it in a nut shell. Most Republicans vote that way as they are Pro Life, never mind anything else. Anybody with half a brain can see that Palin is a complete freak of nature however that tends to rule out a considerable number of Americans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here