Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Santos is cr*p

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Santos is crap

Why did we sign this over-the-hill carthorse? From what I have seen so far this season, he has been directly responsible for a number of goals conceded and looks useless. I can't understand the logic of bringing him in.

Hopefully he will be dropped tonight not to pull on the stripes again.

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Re: Santos is crap

BUTTERBALL said:
Why did we sign this over-the-hill carthorse? From what I have seen so far this season, he has been directly responsible for a number of goals conceded and looks useless. I can't understand the logic of bringing him in.

He's one of the only players who would come here?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Santos is crap

BUTTERBALL said:
I'd rather have gone with Lynch and El Abd in central defence.
I concur, looks like Wilkins may well be going with that tonight. :clap:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

BUTTERBALL said:

The only player who would sign for MM?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I disagree.

He's had some very good games for us and he's been very useful as an experienced pro at the back to help the youngsters.

Also it allows El-Abd to play right back and I think El-Abd is much better there.

I recall some very good Santos tackles at Bristol City and Millwall and he often positions himself well too head clear.

He's not without fault but he's always played in the Championship and it shows.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I thought he looked average against Milwall and that Lynch was outstanding. Lets face it, the Milwall forwards hardly gave him a test.

I think once fit Butters is a better option in that role.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
yeah , im not a great fan . Has done ok but has calamity moments + i dont feel safe with him.
Also , not blessed with lightning pace

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Dougal said:
yeah , im not a great fan . Has done ok but has calamity moments + i dont feel safe with him.
Also , not blessed with lightning pace

Agree with that. Neither is Butters though but at least he can hoof the ball in the right direction and is much more commanding in the air.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

BUTTERBALL said:

What rubbish. He's been at fault for a couple of goals but no more than other Albion defenders. He's very good in the air and generally been fine.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Bollocks, how many games have you been too??

He was shit in his first game against boston- but that was a joke match, and yes he looked out of his depth against carlisle- but so did the entire team.

He's a decent player, wins everything in the air and the neccerssary experience we need in defence.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

BUTTERBALL said:

I said that after the Crewe game. An absolute waste of money. No offence to him, but he aint better than what we've got here already. Slow, old ,and past it.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
He came to us unfit and was thrown into the side - so it's hardly surprising he hasn't been 100%. As for Carlisle, I wonder if he came back too quickly from his injury?

If he's fit and injury-free I'm sure he'll have more good games than bad ones - especially in this division.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He has one setting - KICK. If you happen to be in the way of one of these happenings, it can look like a great pass. Failing that, it will invariably end up in Malcolm Stuart's face when he is trying an 'across the back line' pass to Kerry Mayo.

You'd never guess he played for Ian Holloway, would you?

Last edited:

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
on a slightly different note. Any news on when Hinsh might be back? A hinsh and lynch partnership would be great (but probably short lived).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here