Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Samy Chouchane

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Congratulations to Albion youngster Samy Chouchane who has been selected in the Tunisian squad for the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Argentina that begins on May 20 (the competition that Facundo Buonanotte will not be playing in).

Chouchane.jpg

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Was surprised when I saw that, doesn’t seem to have made the break through despite others being promoted to training and the bench
Forgot about him (sorry Samy!) - was looking for/hoping for loans for the likes of Samuels, Hinchy (both got one :thumbsup:) and Offiah :) - but yeh, a loan for Chouchane would have been good, I think.
Oh well, maybe he'll do a Hinshelwood between now and the end of the season - that would be nice...............................

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
21 in September. The club obviously rate him as he signed a new contract in December. Hopefully, he gets a decent loan move.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Only saw some five U21 games this season and while Samy looks like a player who will have a professional career, I'm not sure what makes him stand out in the crowd. Loaning him out looks like the logical option.

Imo Jamie Mullins looks really exciting, great technique and work rate, could see a bit of him next season. And then of course there's Harry Howell, who - depending on what the Cabbage Cup schedule will look like - could have a decent chance to be the clubs youngest player ever.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Only saw some five U21 games this season and while Samy looks like a player who will have a professional career, I'm not sure what makes him stand out in the crowd. Loaning him out looks like the logical option.

Imo Jamie Mullins looks really exciting, great technique and work rate, could see a bit of him next season. And then of course there's Harry Howell, who - depending on what the Cabbage Cup schedule will look like - could have a decent chance to be the clubs youngest player ever.
Agree, Chouchane has been around for quite some time and not made a mark. If Marc Leonard, at a similar age and coming off two stellar lower league loans, is still deemed likely to be sold, Chouchane will really need an extraordinary loan to put himself in the first team picture.

Not seen enough of Mullins to judge, but it'll be interesting how we deal with loans for the likes of Doyle, O'Mahoney, Barrington and BBB. A few players in the youth ranks that have a big season ahead.

The u16-u17 (?) group seems particularly stacked with Simmonds, Howell, Silsby (and we would have had Mhueka too if not for Chelsea). Exciting times, I hope we see more of these lads in the 21s this season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The u16-u17 (?) group seems particularly stacked with Simmonds, Howell, Silsby (and we would have had Mhueka too if not for Chelsea). Exciting times, I hope we see more of these lads in the 21s this season.
These are indeed a good group (last year’s U16s). Also have Brett, Lane and Ademola (all internationals) plus one or two other potential stars. Personally think Simmonds might be the stand-out long-term but a lot can happen over the next couple of years of development.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here