Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Samsung Galaxy S v HTC Desire??

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I just got the Desire S... very pleased with it - particularly the rapid Intermawebnet connection speeds

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Desire is a great piece of kit but I've heard great things about the Samsung.

I do find the Desire freezes very occasionally, and I could quibble about the fact that it seems to be out of internet range too often for my liking, but that is more likely to be the fault of Orange than the handset - although you can never really be sure.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
My Desire S went back to the factory after three days, kept turning itself off and got jammed whist in apps mode. Bloke in the shop thinks there was a batch with a particular software problem, says I am not the first to return. Got to agree about the speed though, when it did work it was really quick.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I've got the HTC Desire HD & it's a fantastic phone. I read through countless reviews of both & that seemed to point me in the direction of HTC, which I am very pleased about.

One word of warning though... Buy a case, avoid dropping it on a hard surface. The screen WILL smash. I'm sure that's the case with almost all phones of it's type though.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Recently got a HTC Desire S. Absoultely mint phone.
No issues, pretty quick. Very user friendly and reasonably priced.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4153492 said:
So are you actually getting your first ever phone Marc?

Have you heard about these VCR devices you can get? Whoah.

Sent from your mama's house

Ive had my phone for ages? How do you think I have your number? :laugh:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I had the desire, and it was a great phone, but apparently the newer HD version is the dogs rude bits. Not had any dealings with the Galaxy, but every Samsung phone I have had, seems to have problems with charging after the first year or so.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I have a galaxy S and think its awesome, prefer it to the iphone 3gs i had before. And you can buy a new battery for about £8 on Amazon if needed. There's a newer one out now I think though an S2 or something.
I had a blackberry for 24 hours....never again. Awful piece of kit.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Both the Desire and the Galaxy S have been succeeded by newer models, the Desire S and the Galaxy S 2. I myself am the proud owner of HTC's Desire S and couldn't be happier.

The big difference for me is that the Desire S is built solidly, using metal, and feels really sturdy in your hand whilst the Galaxy phones are very plasticky. I think the new Galaxy S 2 has a faster processor than the Desire S but it doesn't have HTC's very popular Sense interface on top of Android, which is well worth putting into the equation. Samsung's own TouchWiz UI is nowhere near as good.

Essentially what do you want from your phone? Feature wise they're almost identical but I plumped for the Desire S because of its solid build quality and reliable interface. There's a reason the HTC Desire was phone of the year last year. The Desire S is that with bells on

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I have a brand new white HTC Wildfire for sale if anyone is looking for one. Still in box and never switched on. PM if your interested.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The Wildfire is a budget handset whilst the Desire is a top of the range flagship model.

One big difference is the screen size and a lot of native Android apps won't actually work on the Wildfire because of its small screen size.

The Wildfire also uses a much slower processor.

To be honest, unless you're on Pay as you Go I really would avoid the Wildfire because you can get the Desire or Desire S for free on even the most basic contracts. You don't pay the ridiculous premium for it that you would with an iPhone

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
How much better is a Desire compared to a Wildfire

Well if you want to play games dont get a wildfire. It cant even run angry birds. Its the base model, whereas the Desire is one of the top spec ones along with the incredible and the Sensation.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The Wildfire is a budget handset whilst the Desire is a top of the range flagship model.

One big difference is the screen size and a lot of native Android apps won't actually work on the Wildfire because of its small screen size.

The Wildfire also uses a much slower processor.

To be honest, unless you're on Pay as you Go I really would avoid the Wildfire because you can get the Desire or Desire S for free on even the most basic contracts. You don't pay the ridiculous premium for it that you would with an iPhone

Well if you want to play games dont get a wildfire. It cant even run angry birds. Its the base model, whereas the Desire is one of the top spec ones along with the incredible and the Sensation.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here