Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Vokes at the game

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
With only 26 league goals in his career he is not the calibre of player we should be signing, we already have better players than that

Said with the ignorance of a person who has simply looked at wikipedia stats. Burnley fans are gutted he isn't staying with them and he is EXACTLY the sort of player we need. Big, strong, great in the air. Kevin Davies and Emile Heskey have never scored loads of goals but have both been vital to their teams successes.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
With only 26 league goals in his career he is not the calibre of player we should be signing, we already have better players than that

He scored some imporant goals for Wolves in the Championship and helped get them promoted. Struggled in the PL and has been loaned out not really settling anywhere. I think he'd do a decent job for us.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
He'll really benefit from some stability. Remember, he scored 2 goals against Norway just 2 months ago.
He is young, will be hungry to succeed and will give us another dimension.
I think it's a very exciting signing.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Michael Owen! has he been linked to the Albion???

No, but I hear we might be signing a Russian international who hails from the Ukraine, I've just got a GOSBTS ringtone for my mobile and we might soon learn who we're playing for the rest of the season. Is that enough information? No? I'll get my coat.???

Now, why don't you be a good boy and ring Pompey and ask if we could have John Uttaka (sp?) if he's still on their books (no idea - he may have gone before he bust them) and Dave Kitson? There we have a midfield destroyer and a target man - just what we need. Should do our cash flow some good too, don't you think?

Last edited:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Said with the ignorance of a person who has simply looked at wikipedia stats. Burnley fans are gutted he isn't staying with them and he is EXACTLY the sort of player we need. Big, strong, great in the air. Kevin Davies and Emile Heskey have never scored loads of goals but have both been vital to their teams successes.

Exactly, look at Zamora at Fulham for example, he's one of their key players - not because of his goals but because of his ability to create chances and link play together.

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
clive allan

clive allan was also at the game scouting for tottenham, there were quite a few big names in the crowd..trevor brooking, steve keane blackburn manager as they have newcastle next.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here