Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saints fans bloody arrogance again

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Posted on 606

Was just having a look at the fixtures in the up and coming weeks for the promotion chasers in league 1 and Brightons next 3 games are all massive.

Peterborough (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Colchester (H)

These 3 games could be the make or break of there and other teams seasons !

Southamptons next 3 are:

Oldham (A)
Notts County (H)
Tranmere (A)

All of which seem simple compared to Brightons with the exception perhaps of Oldham.

Bournemouth like wise have a hard fixture list with Plymouth (H), Colchester and Rochdale away before that huge game with Brighton.

COYR 9 points from 9 and we will be laughing.

9 points for the Albion me thinks !!!

D

Deleted member 2719

Pompey fans are just as arrogant i have been speaking to a few today and they think they will beat us easy on Saturday and some even think they may will be back in the Premiership through the play offs.

Tossers.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How is it that their assumption of 9 points is arrogant but yours isn't? :)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Who cares what they think, we've just got to keep winning our games and we'll be fine.

We've got to stop this small-club mentality of always bring the victim.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is a real Saints thing this as today one of my "customers" mailed about something and added soon the the mighty Saints will be above you, does something subversively happen when you but a ST for them ?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Stupid thread. Our games are slightly harder but I wouldn't fancy playing Notts Co at the moment

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
How on EARTH is that arrogant in ANY way? Saying 9 points from 9 and they'll be laughing is completely true, because if they keep up the pace then surely it'd up to us to slip up. As others have also pointed out, putting that you think we'll get 9 points is already far more arrogant.

Please can people on here stop tugging themselves off over the thought of getting one over on Southampton. They hate Portsmouth, we hate Palace. They are merely promotion rivals, nothing more. So no need to start threads about nothing subjects like this one.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Oooooh another thread about Southampton, how delightful!

Who cares what they think? They've got to play the exact same teams as us so don't sweat it!

Their supposed arrogance will either be proven to rightful or it'll bite them in the arse. Lets hope it's the latter!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
FOR FUCKS SAKE stop posting this shit about Southampton.

No wonder they think we're obsessed because a handful of bellends won't stop starting new threads about them. :tosser:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Posted on 606

Was just having a look at the fixtures in the up and coming weeks for the promotion chasers in league 1 and Brightons next 3 games are all massive.

Peterborough (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Colchester (H)

These 3 games could be the make or break of there and other teams seasons !

Southamptons next 3 are:

Oldham (A)
Notts County (H)
Tranmere (A)

All of which seem simple compared to Brightons with the exception perhaps of Oldham.

Bournemouth like wise have a hard fixture list with Plymouth (H), Colchester and Rochdale away before that huge game with Brighton.

COYR 9 points from 9 and we will be laughing.

9 points for the Albion me thinks !!!

It is a recurring theme,.. all these top teams ( lol) have predicted easy wins against us,... and offered dire predictions of our inevitable slump,...... all have been proved wrong,... Posh, Addicks, Saints have all been left with egg on face,... we have slumped slightly, no real damage,.... most is wishful thinking,.... I predict 7 points from those three,... just the draw against Colchester,.... onwards and upwards.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
my response Edna is tongue in cheek. If we were to get full points that would be great, but realistically we probably won't. Likewise Saints don't have a great away record at this present time. I have no axe to grind with Saints fans, i work with a season ticket holder of theirs who reckons we are a better side and are likely to lose less games. He reckons they have better individuals and will score goals, but will concede aswell. We don't seem to concede which he concludes will be vital in the remaining games, and we keep possession better.

I find it strange that supporters of so called big sides, Saints, Huddersfield, Sheff Wed and Charlton don't rate our chances, current form says otherwise

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
How the f**k do three games make or break a season with just over 20 played? Even if, and it's a massive IF, we lost three and they won all three, it's hardly collecting the bleedin' trophy time is it?

You keep the Asti Spumante in the bar Scummers and we'll all take another look come the end of April.

Do Scumhampton not play Bournemouth, Peterborough or Colchester during a season?

I think 5 points would be OK, 7 would be fan ... bleeding ... tastic!

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
FFS - WAKE UP everyone. We are 6 points clear with a vastly superior goal difference, so even if we manage only 3 points from the next 3 games we will STILL BE TOP!! Two of the next three league games are at home and we haven't lost a league game at Withdean this season!! Personally couldn't give a fig where S'hampton finish as long as we get promoted but I think we will take the title!!!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Couldn't give a f*** about Saints. Wish people would stop banging on about them. Would actually be quite good if Saints, Bournemouth and us all went up!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We are 6 points clear with a vastly superior goal difference , so even if we manage only 3 points from the next 3 games we will STILL BE TOP

It won't be a vastly superior goal difference if we lose two and they win two - in fact, the best we could hope for in those circumstances is that we would be one goal ahead of them.

I'm hopeful they will slip up at Oldham, which is a midweek game before we play Peterborough. If they lose that, we will be six points clear with a game in hand - whatever way you look at, that is a lot of ground for them to make up, especially as they will still have more away games to play than us.

I see Bournemouth are coming up on the rails a bit - rather irritating given the scandalous last minute penalty decision at Withdean in the game against them. By rights, there should be another three points between us.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here