Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sadaam execution

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
...and within 12 hours the Baath party issued a statement saying they will hit America hard.

The yanks really dont know how to play the international political and diplomacy game do they.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
philelc said:
Just been sent the phone video of sadaam execution
Its come via Egypt.

It certainly looks real enough.

gold-medal.jpg

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
acrossthepond said:
So says the voice of moral certitude.

Pathetic; how many people were executed for the organized slaughter on the road to Basra in 1991? History's written by the winners.

or as Bertrand Russell put it "War is not about who is right, but about who is left."

So you saying keep the old c*nt alive and let the tax payers
feed him? I'm not agreeing with this war on terror, but that w*nker got what he deserved. End of.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Tubthumper said:
...and within 12 hours the Baath party issued a statement saying they will hit America hard.

The yanks really dont know how to play the international political and diplomacy game do they.

All the Americans did was find Hussein and hand him over to the Iraqi authorities...The Iraqi's did the right thing hanging the b*stard...He is lucky he went that way...I'm sure the yanks would have prefered to have just tied him to a post in Basra and let the Shia's have their way with him!!!

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
supaseagull said:
All the Americans did was find Hussein and hand him over to the Iraqi authorities...The Iraqi's did the right thing hanging the b*stard...He is lucky he went that way...I'm sure the yanks would have prefered to have just tied him to a post in Basra and let the Shia's have their way with him!!!

They should have put a bullet in his head the day they found him. Would have saved a whole load of trouble.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
supaseagull said:
All the Americans did was find Hussein and hand him over to the Iraqi authorities..

Not strictly true is it? I think you will find they also invaded his country with no legal reason and proped up the iraqi government and kangaroo court which found him guilty.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
? Turnout by independent electoral observers was put at around 50% Some areas had their elections abandoned because of low turnout or security and some did not receive their materials.

The ruling party did not get a majority of the population, just a majority of those who voted. This can hold in democracy but it isnt an emphatic mandate....just as we know in this country.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I thought Tony told us that the reason we were going into Iraq was because of WMD, not to change the regime. Surely if were changing bad regimes we would have sorted out Zimbabwe, Sudan, Somalia, N Korea etc etc.

Or is it just countries that have lots of oil that we "sort out?"

Like I've said before, I'm no fan of Saddam, but what we have done is create one big huge f***ing nightmare by going into another country to try & impose our will.
I've been involved in conflicts,where I felt that we were on the side of what was right, but this was all wrong & we were lied to. History will show that Saddam was an evil dictator & history will also show that many more people died under an occupation that is just wrong.

I feel sorry for our troops & hope they come home safe & I feel sorry for the Iraqi people.

Sermon over. (I hope we win at West Ham)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
smudge said:
I thought Tony told us that the reason we were going into Iraq was because of WMD, not to change the regime. Surely if were changing bad regimes we would have sorted out Zimbabwe, Sudan, Somalia, N Korea etc etc.

Or is it just countries that have lots of oil that we "sort out?"

Like I've said before, I'm no fan of Saddam, but what we have done is create one big huge f***ing nightmare by going into another country to try & impose our will.
I've been involved in conflicts,where I felt that we were on the side of what was right, but this was all wrong & we were lied to. History will show that Saddam was an evil dictator & history will also show that many more people died under an occupation that is just wrong.

I feel sorry for our troops & hope they come home safe & I feel sorry for the Iraqi people.

Sermon over. (I hope we win at West Ham)

Totally agree. To go to war for the reasons given was wrong, to go to war for the reasons given without any post-war strategy beggars belief. I heard somewehre that this is the first time the UK has gone into combar on military intelligence alone. If this is true it is a shocking precident.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here