Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Left out of Swansea squad tonight I think, possibly edging a closer move to us?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Can't be far from being sorted. Think if we wanted a loan it woul be done by now, but I assume we are pushing for the permanent deal and he needs to see he is well out of the Swansea picture.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Harley will now see that he is not likely to warm their bench let alone get a game - so makes it a no brainer to come to us.

Could be the missing ingredient in our midfield. Come on Gus, get the deal done.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Or it could be he was left out simply because they never had any intention of playing him tonight anyway?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
And far too boring..........when Gus said signings are on the way.

We will need Harley's feisty and inventive ball play, set pieces and his goals will be handy in lieu of Benno's contribution. Gus could also make him feel the love.

Currently there are too many obvious gaps in our midfield play that will get exploited by better teams than Donny, the Gills and Pompey. Cardiff will be a proper test.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I agree - we may not be the only club interested in Harley - he may be talking to rivals which is quite understandable.

Either way we have a gap to fill - and hope Gus is on the case. Doesn't Gus have a good relationship with Brendan Rogers? Plus Gus persuaded CMS to come to us over more fancied rivals - so who knows?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He has never actually played for them!!

Quite.

It probably isn't, but it did strike me as a bit odd that the minute they bought him off of Exeter they promptly loaned him straight back to them for the remainder of last season ???

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Quite.

It probably isn't, but it did strike me as a bit odd that the minute they bought him off of Exeter they promptly loaned him straight back to them for the remainder of last season ???

They did that so that they wouldn't have to pay exeter. Exeter were looking like outsiders for the play-offs and Harley was their best player, so they said to Swansea you can have him for free, but you must loan him to us until the end of the season.

I thought Exeter got ripped off tbh, considering we offered what £400,000 was it?

Quite.

Swansea didn't offer any money up front for him - in lieu of this they said that Exeter could keep him for the season, and it was this that convinced Exeter to turn down our offer (which was rumoured to be £250k I think?) and accept the one from Swansea. Exeter figured that with him staying in their team they could make the playoffs and potentially promotion, which was worth more than our offer.

edit: beaten to it by Mr Smggles

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
They did that so that they wouldn't have to pay exeter. Exeter were looking like outsiders for the play-offs and Harley was their best player, so they said to Swansea you can have him for free, but you must loan him to us until the end of the season.

I thought Exeter got ripped off tbh, considering we offered what £400,000 was it?

Thanks, that makes more sense now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here