Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rutherfords

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
On a trip down South next week - is it rue that Rutherfords on Worthing Pier or whatever it was called after that has now shut down?

Not that i was planning on attending but was a haunt in my younger days.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I last went to rutherfords when I was 17 which was 14 years ago, I tohught it was shit and never went back.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
lush has been shut since January for a 'refurb'

unfortunately its so f***ed [exterior work mainly i think] that no carpenter wants to do the work!!!

Not sure whats happening with it

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
yeah as mentioned still shut. Was talk of closing down permantly but I believe they want to get it opened again.

Rutherfords was also a haunt of mine , funny days . The slow dance at 1:45 . .. . guarenteed you would go home with a bird providing you could still stand up......appy days indeed

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Dougal said:
yeah as mentioned still shut. Was talk of closing down permantly but I believe they want to get it opened again.

Rutherfords was also a haunt of mine , funny days . The slow dance at 1:45 . .. . guarenteed you would go home with a bird providing you could still stand up......appy days indeed

That's where i was going wrong then - puking over the pier at 1.30 obviously wasn't the way to woo the ladies.... Damn.

I used to locve going there when i was at Worthing sixth form thursdays and saturdays with out fail.....

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
My understanding is that the owners of what is now Lush want out of their lease with the Council and the Council have told them they have to pay up to get out of the lease or find someone to take it over.

With changes in opening hours now, I'd be amazed if it opens as a club again - who would want to pay over the odds to go to a club on the end of the pier on a wet and windy January night when you can stay in the pubs in town for late drinking at no extra cost?

I say bring back the model railway that used to be there:D

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Nigel Erskine ace Gulls Eye salesman and the oldest mascot in Albion history told me he wants to turn it into a lap dancing bar called 'Minge Benefits' but the Council won't let him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here