Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Slade

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Has anyone else noticed how POSITIVE and upbeat Slade has been since he took charge. Even after the loss at Leyton Orient he DID NOT make up shit excuses, but actually adressed the issues on the post match commentary. After hearing nearly all of Mickey's post match interviews even after wins he seemed to be so deflated and downbeat. Almost sounding like he couldnt really be arsed. If he was like that for interviews, then Christ knows what he was like on the training ground. Slade came out after hammering Yeovil, and gave praise where praise was due, BUT still acknowledged that there was still work to be done defensively, despite a clean sheet. That ladies and gentlemen is the kind of attitude that will steer this club out of trouble. :ascarf:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
He has been great. In my opinion he says all the right things after a game (from what I've seen anyway).

I was dejected to say the least after Southend, but when I was watching Slade's post match interview on Seagulls World I actually found myself laughing he was so upbeat and positive.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
Has anyone else noticed how POSITIVE and upbeat Slade has been since he took charge. Even after the loss at Leyton Orient he DID NOT make up shit excuses, but actually adressed the issues on the post match commentary. After hearing nearly all of Mickey's post match interviews even after wins he seemed to be so deflated and downbeat. Almost sounding like he couldnt really be arsed. If he was like that for interviews, then Christ knows what he was like on the training ground. Slade came out after hammering Yeovil, and gave praise where praise was due, BUT still acknowledged that there was still work to be done defensively, despite a clean sheet. That ladies and gentlemen is the kind of attitude that will steer this club out of trouble. :ascarf:

hardly rocket science,he is on a bonus to keep us up!

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea

:clap::clap::clap:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I have grown to like him very quickly.

One thing that does amuse me, when he is being interviewed his eyes are darting around quite rapidly.

At least he doesn't sway from side to side like Mickey did!

Herm

May 11, 2008
Brighton
I noticed the eyes thing, and the change in tone of voice a lot. He's a very funny man to watch being interviewed. Since he's arrived I've laughed a lot, and I love his revolutionary fist gesture. I think he's brilliant

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
the fact he is definatly not 'cuddling' the players is a massive thumbs up. that tactic didn't work all season and the team needed a kick up the arse reality check, and Slade seems to have brought that. the fact that after winning 5-0 at home, where our record is so bad, and yet he is still to an extent criticising the team (bad defending for final 10minutes) is brilliant. he seems to know what he is doing, and how to do it, and he'll make the players achieve it no matter what.

with him in charge i am confident we can stay up, in fact if we get a result on tuesday i am confident we can push on to lower-mid table - staying up quite comfortably.

1066gull

i wanted him from the start before gannon

28/1 back then but coral wern't accepting :(

would of put a tenner on it as well (remmber it was all i had in my wallet at the time)

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
There is definately more of a buzz around Slade then there was Adams.:albion2:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
His programme notes Saturday were spot on. He essentially said things hadn't worked out at Orient and v Southend but he was pleased they had 'kept the crowd' and if we all pull together the results will come. How true.
The players have said he is working them hard but acknowledge they need it. One of the keys v Yeovil is how hard Coxy and Seb worked and that we defended from the front.
Still a lot to do mind.
PG

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Not the biggest name we could have got but he's doing and saying all the right things and I hope he's the one to lead us out at Falmer.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
His programme notes Saturday were spot on. He essentially said things hadn't worked out at Orient and v Southend but he was pleased they had 'kept the crowd' and if we all pull together the results will come. How true.
The players have said he is working them hard but acknowledge they need it. One of the keys v Yeovil is how hard Coxy and Seb worked and that we defended from the front.
Still a lot to do mind.
PG

From what I can gather he had a heart to heart with Cox, told him he was good player etc .. all the things a good man manager would do when a valuable member of staff isn't happy ..... the results of this was seen on saturday.

Did anyone notice the interaction between Cox and Slade? After Cox's second goal he come over to the dug-out and just before he got there Slade pointed to the other side of the pitch and his body language said ' Cox get your arse over there'. Cox looked a bit shocked and started walking over. What he didn't see at first was Slade and White pissing themselves with laughter, obviously on a wind up. When Cox did see it he laughed and didn't get the hump. Cox looked very happy, didn't get the arse on when things didn't go his way. Either Slade is an exceptional man manager or Adams and DW were crap. I like to think it's the former though I supect that it is the latter.

Oct 25, 2003
i love him

most managers would've been delighted with a 5-0 win against your relegation rivals, but russell still found areas in which we could improve

top stuff

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
. Either Slade is an exceptional man manager or Adams and DW were crap. .

Maybe its both ?!!

I am really enthused by his attitude. As I've said previously, the contrast with the tedium of Micky Adams' morose, mumbling post-match interviews couldn't be clearer.

I reckon we've got an absolute gem in RS - about time we had some luck.

:bowdown::clap2:bowdown::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here