Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Slade - this looks familiar

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
The man worked wonders here THAT season. Shame it didn't work out, Hope he gets them into he play-offs

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Great character and a very good football manager - think he struggled a bit when he had money to spend - no fear of that with Gus I suspect

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
If there is a manager that deserves a crack at the Championship it's him, he was so close to it with Yeovil and looks like he'll do the same with Orient.

I think he's a better manager when things need to be done to a budget which is probably why it didn't work so well here but good luck to the man.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
top bloke - think he struggled with the bigger budget and the egos that brought with it. Only wish him well and he loves us

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
A mini Steve Gritt for me. Did an important rescue job for us, but was sadly never going to be the man to take us forward.

Nothing but respect for Russell.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Great character and a very good football manager - think he struggled a bit when he had money to spend

Not so sure about that. He bought Crofts (sold at a big profit), Dicker, Bennett (both mainstays of the current team), Navarro (who would be if he weren't injured) Jamie Smith (good squad option) and Mark Wright (sold at a profit)

The flops were Dickinson, Graeme Smith (although we didn't lose money), Tunnicliffe and Jake Wright. That's not a bad percentage IMO.

I'll always appreciate what he did in keeping us up and would love it if he made the play-offs

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm really not surprised Leyton Orient are motoring up the table.

My one surprise it that it has taken this long for them to get there, though I suppose he wasn't given the time here. He was sacked in October 2009 - the time of the season when Brighton were in a similar position to where Leyton Orient were in October 2010.

If that makes sense.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The flops were Dickinson, Graeme Smith (although we didn't lose money), Tunnicliffe and Jake Wright. That's not a bad percentage IMO.

Graeme Smith!! Completely forgotten that keeper already, so utterly bad was he.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They would sink like a STONE in the Championship.

Mar 10, 2006
Think it was the level of expectation that done him here. With all due respect Yeovil and Orient's expectations are a lot lower than ours and maybe he manages better over the longer term without that level of pressure hanging over him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here